PDA

View Full Version : iMovie 08 Tutorials? - want to move audio to different spot

slashingthefox
1st July 2008, 08:33 AM
Hey, has anyone got some good recommendations for iMovie tutorials online?

I'm just starting to learn how to use it for the first time, and have already hit a wall right at the beginning of my first little movie project.

The audio of the first part of footage I want, but don't want that particular video footage, just the audio, and I want to put the audio over the Title start, without the video... have not yet found out how to do this.

Because the audio is great in that part, a keeper, unfortunately at that part of the footage the camera was pointing at a brickwall and concrete ground.

Dakah3
1st July 2008, 08:56 AM
When you have imovie open click help, and that will give you an option for imovie video tutorials that Apple have, most are pretty good to get you started on imovie.

MacTime
1st July 2008, 09:02 AM
Hey, has anyone got some good recommendations for iMovie tutorials online?

I'm just starting to learn how to use it for the first time, and have already hit a wall right at the beginning of my first little movie project.

The audio of the first part of footage I want, but don't want that particular video footage, just the audio, and I want to put the audio over the Title start, without the video... have not yet found out how to do this.

Because the audio is great in that part, a keeper, unfortunately at that part of the footage the camera was pointing at a brickwall and concrete ground.

High light the clip, right click on it then click "extract audio". It'll pull it out and put it on the timeline below the clip. From here you can drag it where ever you want.

slashingthefox
1st July 2008, 09:06 AM
High light the clip, right click on it then click "extract audio". It'll pull it out and put it on the timeline below the clip. From here you can drag it where ever you want.

Awesome, thanks I'll try that when I get home :-D

BTW: because you say 'timeline', you are referring to iMovie '08? I've read there are some differences between iMovie 6 and the latest '08 versions.

MacTime
1st July 2008, 09:10 AM
No, I hate iMovie '08, I only use '06. The part down the bottom is called the timeline.

WonderBoy
1st July 2008, 09:10 AM
Awesome, thanks I'll try that when I get home :-D

BTW: because you say 'timeline', you are referring to iMovie '08? I've read there are some differences between iMovie 6 and the latest '08 versions.

Well which one are you using?

slashingthefox
1st July 2008, 09:13 AM
Well which one are you using?

Well, seeing I'm new to it, obviously '08 :-D

MacTime
1st July 2008, 09:16 AM
So, in that case, my advice only applies to '06. Someone else might be able to advise if it works the same way.

slashingthefox
1st July 2008, 09:19 AM
So, in that case, my advice only applies to '06. Someone else might be able to advise if it works the same way.

Still good to know, thank you! I might still not find a solution and as a last resort I might install iMovie 6, which I heard is free for iMovie '08 owners, but only as a last resort :D

lazydesi
1st July 2008, 09:22 AM
I am also looking for some i movie08 tutorials

MacTime
1st July 2008, 09:25 AM
I tried '08 but didn't like it, went back to '06. If you find that you can't do what you want to do, give '06 a try. And yes, it's free if you own '08.

slashingthefox
1st July 2008, 09:28 AM
I tried '08 but didn't like it, went back to '06. If you find that you can't do what you want to do, give '06 a try. And yes, it's free if you own '08.

Yeah, I've been hearing that from '06 users, I might be fortunate in that I'm very new to movie editing period, so I have nothing to compare it to.

Actually, that makes me wonder about something, what's the difference between iMovie and Quicktime Pro??

adamd
10th August 2008, 11:51 PM
This may be a little late:
apple.com/findouthow