PDA

View Full Version : Installation of Epson Stylus Photo 810 & AP Exp

glenmorrow
10th April 2005, 08:33 PM
Hi gang,
Trying to do the following and not having any success, got stuff due at uni this week so want to get this sorted out.

I am trying to install an Epson Stylus Photo 810, and it's connected to my airport express base station.

The base station admin utility recognises it so that seems ok, and OS X picked it up on my PowerBook. I went to the Epson site and downloaded the driver for OSX and installed that. But still can't print to the printer.

I used to use this printer on a PC so I had a status monitor utility so I could figure out when things went wrong.

If someone could help and let me know what to do to get this going it would be great. I can't seeem to locate the original drivers/installation CD, and it's probably just got PC software on it anyway.

any help greatly appreciated.

By the way, can you allow PCs on the network to print to the printer connected to the AirPort Express? Do you set up a TCP/IP port on the PC machine to do this?

Thanks,
Glen

glenmorrow
18th April 2005, 01:07 PM
hi guys - can someone help out with the above please, essay due date is drawing near.

would i be better off plugging the printer directly into the usb port of my PB and sharing it from there??

Glen

purana
18th April 2005, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by glenmorrow@Apr 18 2005, 01:07 PM
hi guys - can someone help out with the above please, essay due date is drawing near.

would i be better off plugging the printer directly into the usb port of my PB and sharing it from there??

Glen
If you really need to print to it, yes by all means move it to the machine and using it. Is the printer your talking about suggested as being supported via Airport Express? I know some printers flat out don't work.