PDA

View Full Version : problem w/ istat menus on G5

donk
30th June 2008, 06:24 AM
I just found out about istat menus and installed it on 2 Intel macbooks and it works great. However, when I tried to install it on a 2ghz G5, it fails to load and work properly. I can add items to the menu bar, but I can't modify their appearance at all (font size, remove label, color, etc.). Also, the cpu monitor does not seem to be graphing the current usage. Also, periodically, a window will pop up from istat menus saying I have version 0.00 installed -- do I want version 1.30 (which is the version I already have installed). I've tried re-installing several times, rebooting, removing the istat menus directory in ~/Library/Application Support, resetting pram, fixing permissions, etc. I just can't get it to work properly. BTW, I donated $25. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Don

marc
1st July 2008, 10:36 AM
Hi, firstly... thanks for donating. It's greatly appreciated!

It sounds like maybe it's a permissions issue causing the prefs not to save. Can you please let me know if this file exists on your G5?

~/Library/Preferences/com.iSlayer.iStatMenusPreferences.plist

donk
1st July 2008, 01:17 PM
Hi Marc,

That was it! I had to fix the permissions on that directory -- don't know why Disk Utility didn't catch it. It's working like a champ now.

Thanks!
Don

marc
1st July 2008, 01:23 PM
Great to hear! Thanks again for the donation.