PDA

View Full Version : Diablo 3

thorevenge
28th June 2008, 08:40 PM
Its official. I can't wait for this.

It does sound a bit like WoW though, but hell, its Diablo!

decryption
28th June 2008, 08:43 PM
Got a link to an announcement or something? I can't find jack on the web except for a press release from the 1st of April :p

TheWatchman
28th June 2008, 08:44 PM
IGN: Live From Blizzard's Worldwide Invitational 2008 (http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/884/884836p1.html)

+ Blizzard Entertainment (http://www.blizzard.com) splash screen.

thorevenge
28th June 2008, 08:51 PM
Yeah I was slow on the links...

Intarwebs died :(

Aaron
28th June 2008, 08:53 PM
Fuck yeah! :)

tcn33
28th June 2008, 09:20 PM
Fuck yeah! :)
+ 1 million!

Aaron
28th June 2008, 09:31 PM
This looks bloody awesome, bugger it won't come out 'till next year :(

MrJesseRoss
28th June 2008, 09:57 PM
Diablo?

dev_enter
28th June 2008, 10:00 PM
Oh. My. GOD!
Bring that shit!

thorevenge
28th June 2008, 10:27 PM
I just watched the gameplay trailer at Diablo III (http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3) and all I can say is wow - this game looks so incredibly awesome...

Lilith
28th June 2008, 11:07 PM
Diablo 2 is staple fare in my household - one of the main reasons we have networked iMacs here - so every family member can hack and slash together!

I've spent all day trolling and watched the live streaming from the Worldwide Invitational on right now in Paris.

Diablo 3 so far has two announced classes: Barbarian and Witch Doctor (Necromancer).

Game play teaser video was predominantly the Barbie with his old skills rendered in 3D. Still NOT a first person hack & slash. We're looking top down on miniature heroes as with D2. But the one minor boss we have seen so far was massively scaled up like never before.

Whatever computer runs this baby will need grunt. Gee I hope my 2006 iMacs will hack it.

The official site has lots of bad links and you need to "view source" and generally dig around to find web pages, such as the world map.

So tonight I was watching the live feed while my little son was hacking and slashing on the computer behind me and urging me to join in. Chip off the old block... :D

gameon
28th June 2008, 11:18 PM
just picked up diablo II for some old school action
looking forward to this

haydio
28th June 2008, 11:29 PM
I was at a LAN and it was announced and everyone cheered lol.

gmask1
28th June 2008, 11:31 PM
Maybe I'm a cynic, but the gameplay demo looks like any other gauntlet-styled hack 'n slash given a current day visual polish. It wasn't until the wall of zombies that there seemed to be any personality in the demo, and I hope there much more character in the final game.

Even as a cynic, when the wall of zombies appeared, the smile on my face must have been from ear to ear. :)

When I think of Blizzard, I remember all the character and style of their titles; the stuff that is totally unnecessary, but just screams of that extra polish. I'm sure D3 will have it, but I don't see it yet. The gameplay demo might as well have been a console drop-in/drop-out co-op fighter, and I hope there's loads more that still hasn't been seen. :)

Alec Fraser
29th June 2008, 12:09 AM
a) its not going to be like WoW. Its not an MMO, it look like an updated Diablo II more than anything else.
b) witchdoctor doesn't = necromancer. Its a brand new class :D the necromancer HAS to be back as its own class
c) I CANNOT FUCKIN WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!!!!! :D

Wally
29th June 2008, 02:41 AM
If Diablo III is like Diablo II im in...

If its not It will suck...

Wally

jonnos
29th June 2008, 03:59 AM
ausgamers.com has high quality video of the trailer and gameplay vids.
:D:D:D
added to my starcraft 2 videos :D
now all im waiting for it some footage of guildwars 2.

matthewk
29th June 2008, 01:38 PM
AWESOME!

I hope it can play on my MB, otherwise I'll just have to get a MBP earlier than I thought I was going to.

But like Starcraft this won't come out for over 1 year. I don't want this to come out the wrong way, but I hope its not for 2 years... about the time I was planning on upgrading to a MBP. I'm so selfish. :p

dev_enter
29th June 2008, 01:41 PM
iiNet has mirrored the videos here: http://iigh.iinet.net.au/ freezone ftw. :)

Lilith
2nd July 2008, 11:41 PM
Yeah I'm on iinet too so downloaded every last byte of D3 stuff :D

The good thing about Blizzard is they do simultaneous PC/Mac versions on the same discs. So I can go into any game store and buy a copy exactly on the day of release.

I can even line up at midnight of the release in full barbarian costume and...

:eek:

which is better than slinking into the store 6 months later and wasting my time looking for the Mac port.

--------------

Closer to the release we should setup a thread here for a MacTalk clan/guild. Bags being a Witch Doctor! :D

I like how all loot is now forced to be evenly shared. The #1 source of arguments. Fed up with people running off with the gold/green gear drops.

We'd need a cool name that maybe hints at our Mac and/or Oz backgrounds?

dev_enter
2nd July 2008, 11:46 PM
We should have a Diablo III LAN. :)

Lilith
3rd July 2008, 02:44 PM
Well we probably have 1 to 2 years to organise it :(

Lilith
4th July 2008, 09:58 AM
Blizzard are going to be handed a massive petition calling for basically the whole of the D3 art work to be started over again and against new concepts such as the belt system and gear equipping system plus a return to the D2 light radius concept. It has many many thousands of signatures.

It is being pushed in lots gaming websites, including non-English ones.

It is a reaction to thoughts that D3 looks like WoW, which if one were to compare screen caps side by side then clearly that's an absurd thing to say. This level of emotion thankfully detracts from their argument although some elements are actually more balanced (even if in my opinion also wrong).

Too cartoonish and too light and not gothic and evil enough. The heroes and their gear don't look *real* enough (yep - they argue for more *reality* in D3).

Some of us are reacting to this by arguing on a different level and putting our viewpoint to Blizzard in a different, much quieter way.

I have succeeded in getting my viewpoint right to the top of the D3 team. I am positive that my little missive will be worth 10,000 signatures on the online petition.

That's how things work in *real* life when lobbying MPs and so on.

So much for making D3 more *real*.

------------

Not since the Infocom days and Wizardry days on the Apple ][ have I enjoyed a game so much. D2 is arguably the biggest game ever on the Mac. D3 should be even bigger. I'll be buggered if the gaming goths will spoil my fun!