PDA

View Full Version : Simple things

fairy1
10th April 2005, 02:39 PM
Hi everyone,

Finally have my pb g4 got it on saturday also brought cd storage from office works and a nice mouse. Will post some pictures when i get the time to upload it onto my website.

the experience : Well it looks wow! i love the space screensaver especially at night when you can see the stars outside your window looks cool, however i do have one "stuck pixel" and im going to learn to live with it reading around it seems like a standard issue and not a problem.

the screen is so crisp and clear and im using my pb atm its so mad!

I downloaded msn and it never signs on, so i am now downloading aduim but one thing how can i uninstall msn?? i dont know how to can someone please let me know.

as well as i tried the f8 key and f10 to try the expose but nothing happens it just changes the brightness am i missing something?? do i need to press two buttons together.
The f11 key works fine.

thanks for the tips

purana
10th April 2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by fairy1@Apr 10 2005, 02:39 PM
as well as i tried the f8 key and f10 to try the expose but nothing happens it just changes the brightness am i missing something?? do i need to press two buttons together.
The f11 key works fine.

Hold the "Fn" key while you press the other keys ;)

neilrobinson
10th April 2005, 02:50 PM
to uninstall MSN just drag "MSN Messenger" to the trash! :thumbup:

neil

eni
10th April 2005, 03:10 PM
For Adium I recommend you use the latest beta. http://www.adiumx.com/beta.html

It's stable and a HUGE revamp from the current 0.7x versions - so no real point learning and configuring a soon to be expired version.

the_OM
10th April 2005, 03:38 PM
for expose you might have to set the keys up in system preferences.
Look in your applications folder for it, and its in the personal row of icons.

suryo
10th April 2005, 04:47 PM
F8 does nothing in Expose. Try F9.

macmate
10th April 2005, 05:59 PM
on powerbooks (as someone said above) the F keys have two functions. Hence you have to press the 'fn' key expose to work on the F9 and F10 keys. i went into the expose preference pane and swapped it around so that i have to press 'fn' to change keyboard brightness. This is the only thing that annoyed me when i first got my PB.

Galumay
10th April 2005, 06:23 PM
fairie,

as said, you need to press "fn" key and hold while pressing f9/f10. then move your curser over the screen you want on top. in system preferences you can set your centre button (scroll wheel) on the mouse to be the expose button which is very handy.

dont worry the more you use mac the more little things you will discover! just keep playing around, it is very intuitive.

fairy1
10th April 2005, 06:31 PM
Thanks peeps omg can u believe its monday tomorrow :(

wat a stresser lol

scruffie
10th April 2005, 08:14 PM
shut up you. thank you for reminding me about tomorrow.
*cries*

we have less than four hours left of freedom...

fairy1
12th April 2005, 08:13 PM
lol
its more of a pain when ur a part time slash sorta fulltime student and full time employee
ahhh booo . I havent even had time to install much on my powerbook since ive gotton it ive been so busy .

hawker
12th April 2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by macmate@Apr 10 2005, 05:59 PM
This is the only thing that annoyed me when i first got my PB.
At least you can change it ;)