PDA

View Full Version : Widget beta: Organized (Beta 2)

marc
27th June 2008, 10:11 AM
Organized is a new widget from iSlayer, featuring a calendar with events, world clocks, notes and to do's. The calendar and to do's utilise OS X's inbuilt databases, so they're always in sync with iCal and Mail.

Please download the beta and let us know what you think. As usual, Organized will be a free download from iSlayer.com. Thanks in advance for any help getting this tested and ready for release.

http://homepage.mac.com/marcedwards/forumbits/organized.png

Download the Organized 1.0 beta 2 (http://islayer.com/downloadR.php?id=64&type=1)

Requires Mac OS X 10.5

GraphicDZNR
27th June 2008, 10:19 AM
Awesome work guys! Love that CalendarStore!

Wally
this is pretty sweet!

Does everything so seamlessly.

Wally

Aaron
Looks great guys, good work. :)

macaholic
27th June 2008, 10:25 AM
Yes Very Nice.

One suggestion. Make the clocks selected in iStatMenus appear in Organised by default.

(Shouldn't have the hassle of selecting my preferred clocks all over again, IMHO.)

aussiedeano
27th June 2008, 10:30 AM
Awesome! I've been waiting for this for AGES! Good work guys! Can't wait to download and try it!

Deano

gumby08
27th June 2008, 10:51 AM
This looks great guys, will come in very handy! Cheers :)

iSlayer
27th June 2008, 10:53 AM
One suggestion. Make the clocks selected in iStatMenus appear in Organised by default.)

Not possible unfortunately. The 2 have a different list of clocks(Organized has alot more)

silverdreamer
27th June 2008, 11:36 AM
Does it come with a selection of fashionable colour schemes. or just the boring black n blue.

Anyway, with ical open 24/7, I hardly see a need for this personally.

evmorg
27th June 2008, 11:37 AM
I presume this requires Leopard, yes? I've installed it on my work machine running Tiger and all I get is the shell, without any data being populated (see pic).

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm23/evmorg/Organized.jpg

macaholic
27th June 2008, 11:38 AM
Not possible unfortunately. The 2 have a different list of clocks(Organized has alot more)

Oh well.

Pity about having to use the American spelling.

denwol
27th June 2008, 12:15 PM
very good,

Thanks. Much easier to check things quickly and dont have to set up alerts now.

will
27th June 2008, 01:22 PM
sorry - I may have missed something:

does this only work in 10.5?

dinoo
27th June 2008, 01:30 PM
Awesome... works very well and seamlessly.

Thanks guys!

aspro
27th June 2008, 01:44 PM
I think CalendarStore was new in 10.5 so that would explain the breakage.

iSlayer
27th June 2008, 02:50 PM
Yep its 10.5 only

- - e r i k - -
27th June 2008, 03:29 PM
Great to see developers taking advantage of new OS X 10.5 features. That's what they are there for!

Very slick widget!

will
27th June 2008, 03:47 PM
Gosh that is a shame - that was just the sort of thing that I was looking for last week - to work in 10.4!

It looks great!

dinoo
27th June 2008, 04:14 PM
Would be awesome if this was made to be a standalone "HUD" type app... alas, Dashboard'll have to do.

decryption
27th June 2008, 04:23 PM
Mmmmm, nice.
I don't use iCal (I should!), but my partner does and she loves this widget. A-grade work as usual gents!

sunrisesister
27th June 2008, 04:50 PM
this is the widget i didnt know i needed :)

andytlr
27th June 2008, 05:05 PM
Great as usual.

I use iCal at work so it will be nice to have an instant look at what's on for the next couple of days.

I like how you can turn off Marker Felt. I wish you could do that on the iPhone. It doesn't really matter but when you turn off Marker Felt it would be nice if the notes went to light blue like the rest of the widget. So you can keep standard ugly Apple notes or switch to nice, integrated notes.

I also like how you've put the date in the world clock instead of saying today or yesterday. It would be nice to see a day included as well. So it is Cupertino Thursday 26th June. Just because there's room.

To do's are nice too. I've used menu bar to do apps that do to do's before and stopped using them after a while. See how I go with this.

Again, great work as usual.

marc
27th June 2008, 06:46 PM
I like how you can turn off Marker Felt. I wish you could do that on the iPhone.
Yep. And the iPhone complaints were exactly why we put that feature in :)

I also like how you've put the date in the world clock instead of saying today or yesterday. It would be nice to see a day included as well. So it is Cupertino Thursday 26th June. Just because there's room.
Yeah, we need to rework the clocks a little. Thanks for the suggestion.

Any bug reports?

rickyd
27th June 2008, 07:50 PM
Fantastic work guys.
Only feedback I would give is maybe a preference for different colour (or is it color?) schemes...that would be nice.

Thanks,
Ricky.

andytlr
27th June 2008, 07:53 PM
I only played with it for 5 min but no bugs as far as I could tell. Will see over the coming week as I work with it.

bullrout
27th June 2008, 09:36 PM
A date on the To Dos would be handy.

edit: Great widget by the way.

mouse
27th June 2008, 10:13 PM
I have been waiting for the release of this, fantastic widget - well done!

BrettJohn
27th June 2008, 10:38 PM
brilliant! was waiting for this. great jobs

tezz27000
27th June 2008, 10:55 PM
it's very nice but a little large

iSlayer
28th June 2008, 10:09 AM
bump bump

DJY
28th June 2008, 10:30 AM
Looks great!!!!
Love the fact that several of the overseas cities I regularly visit (regional) are there!!!!

Oh the little options wheel and twistie next where you enter new cities names (on the back in Clocks tab) doesn't work?

The Architect.mac
28th June 2008, 01:43 PM
looks fantastic, great job..

areal
28th June 2008, 01:49 PM
It's great, thanks! Suggestions: it would be useful for me to be able to add an item (a note or a todo) by double clicking on the next available line. Also, an option to delete without confirmation (via the icon and also by the delete key) would be good.

The Architect.mac
28th June 2008, 01:58 PM
can it do Grenich mean time and needs a mactalk easter egg clock..

BrettJohn
28th June 2008, 05:20 PM
where are you pulling the clock info from? it doesn't seem to find Canberra in the db.

marc
28th June 2008, 06:50 PM
where are you pulling the clock info from? it doesn't seem to find Canberra in the db.
We have our own db. It looks like we have missed Canberra. We'll sort that out before release.

DJY
28th June 2008, 10:04 PM

I wondered the same thing when I tried Canberra... and presumed it was the Apple OS X list...
but then Dili, Honiara, and a few other capital cities were in there - that OS X and other widget never found... made me wonder too!

marc
28th June 2008, 11:03 PM
The OS X list wasn't big enough, so we have our own :)

iSlayer
1st July 2008, 10:21 AM
Beta 2 is now available

Added Canberra clock
Added GMT/UTC clock
Fixed bug with editing todo urls
Added option to disable delete confirmations
Added option to show due dates in todo index
Added day name to world clocks(large only)
Support for backspace/delete keys to delete todos
Fixed layout bugs in update checker
Fixed bug with editing todo names from index
Fixed bugs with attendee display in event details

Download Organized 1.0 beta 2 (http://islayer.com/downloadR.php?id=64&type=1)

iSlayer
1st July 2008, 08:37 PM
bump.

iSlayer
2nd July 2008, 05:55 PM
bump plus icon/default image previews !!

http://islayer.com/junk/organized_icon_final.png
http://islayer.com/junk/default.png

marc
2nd July 2008, 05:59 PM
And the post it notes:
http://homepage.mac.com/marcedwards/forumbits/whack.png

:)

marc
3rd July 2008, 01:14 AM
We've released the widget. Thanks for the help testing.

http://forums.mactalk.com.au/46/52234-organized-1-0-released.html

Please note: The release version of Organized uses a different file name to save the notes. If you'd like to keep the notes you've entered into Organized then rename this file:

~/Library/Application Support/Organiser/organiser.plist

to

~/Library/Application Support/Organized/organized.plist
(Note the folder change too.)