PDA

View Full Version : iMovie 4 - audio effects

Secoa
30th April 2004, 05:19 PM
I have used my .Mac account to access extra audio effects from Freeplay Music. I down-loaded about 2,400 audio effects (it was 1.6 gig and took 18 hours).

My question is now that I want to have access to such sound effects for making my home movies (I realise I will only ever use a few of them) can I burn them to a DVD and then use them later when constructing my home movie? I have temporarily placed them in iTunes so that I can access them from iMovie, but I do not want them in iTunes.

I popped into a Nextbyte store this lunch time and explained my dilemma. ie. To have them listed as an audio effect I have to store them in iTunes. The guy explained that I couldn’t place them elsewhere and have iMovie access it.

Can someone help??

Secoa
2nd May 2004, 01:21 PM
Since I have been mucking around this issue and I think I have resolved my problem I thought I jot down how I resolved it.

To add sound effects to the audio list on iMovie you can either place them in your iTunes library or in /library/iMovie/Sound Effects or place them on a CD/DVD if you want to save hard drive space. Noting any sound tracks must be an audio track i.e. AAC or MP3

As I had a couple of thousand sound effects I didn't want them in my iTunes and backed them up to a couple CD's.

I expect most users within AppleTalk would have already known the answer or a better one. But I thought it best a jot down my experience.

PS the reason it took me so long to figure out was the sound effects were MPEG4 and iMovie via the library solution didn't recognise it.

Thanks