PDA

View Full Version : Buying a new eMac

Casey
30th April 2004, 02:36 PM
Hey guys,

My mum's in the process of buying one of those flashy new eMacs - the 1.25 GHz ones with a SuperDrive.

Because I'm a uni student, I sent her a scan of my ID so she can get it at student prices from her local Apple Centre, and I think they basically knock $100 off the $1,600 pricetag.

Doesn't seem so bad, but it's still a fair bit of money (he says, typing away on a dual 2.0 GHz G5 with a 21 inch screen - I swear, it's the uni's!).

Anyone know if you can get the new series of eMacs cheaper anywhere? I haven't really bothered looking, cause I figure the postage to north-eastern NSW would be pretty high-cost. But I think I've managed to convince my mum that no matter which dealer you buy your Mac from, ANY registered AppleCentre (ie. her local one) will fix it for free.

Thanks,
Casey.

Radar
30th April 2004, 04:14 PM
I seriously doubt you would get it any cheaper at any apple centre, anywhere. Not with student discount anyway. I remember reading that if buying at student discount, the apple centre makes essentially nothing, and it's just like buying direct through apple.

Plus, you gotta admit, $1.5K for a top of the line eMac with superdrive is not to bad at all.

decryption
30th April 2004, 05:05 PM
There's no competition on educational prices, it's the same price regardless of where you buy it from in the country.