PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop won't open images

carlow1
7th April 2005, 07:42 PM
When I try to edit images in iPhoto using Photoshop CS, I double click on image, it opens Photoshop as normal, but the image does not appear. I've also tried dragging images to the Photoshop icon and the same thing happens. Photoshop open, but no image. Please help!!

arty
7th April 2005, 07:44 PM
Are you going to the directory where the images are stored, or trying to open them in PS from within iPhoto?

carlow1
7th April 2005, 07:47 PM
I'm trying to open them from within iPhoto.

wickeddigital
7th April 2005, 08:05 PM
If you have copied Photoshop to the Mac from another machine and failed to copy the support files that live in the APPLICATION SUPPORT folder then this is exactly what happens.

I suggest you reinstall from the original disc....if you have it.

carlow1
7th April 2005, 09:46 PM
I installed from original disc. I recently had to do a OS software reinstall. It may have caused a problem. I'll try reinstalling PS. Tahnks for your help.

wickeddigital
7th April 2005, 09:49 PM
Sounds like it has wiped your APPLICATION SUPPORT folder (which is inside your library folder) - check if there is an ADOBE folder in there to see if that is indeed what has happened....

neilrobinson
7th April 2005, 10:08 PM
i had a Dual 2ghz G5 kinda died on me - did a reinstall of OSX keeping all user setting etc (about 100GB of work included) it messed with quark 6 registration, Adobe CS new files, opening documents. a reinstall was needed (tried the individual programs first but eventually the whole system). <_< i would say a very similar thing seems to have happened - reinstall maybe your old option.

neil

carlow1
8th April 2005, 06:29 PM
Thanks Wickeddigital & Neilrobinson for your advice. I&#39;ve reinstalled PS from disc and it worked.