PDA

View Full Version : Printer Software!!!!!! PLZ HELP!

applecollector
6th April 2005, 06:22 PM
Well today i aquired my very first apple printer an image writer 1 and i have been having trouble with it, when i connect it to my macintosh SE or Colour Classic only a question mark come up meaning no system software but when i disconnect it from the computer it boots up fine this happened to both of my mac's now i'm guessing that this is a software issue i just need to know how to get around it, and one last thing i would also like to know what software do i need for the image writer to work on my Macintosh 128k converted to a Macintosh Plus?
Thankyou

PS: the colour classic is running OS 7.5.1 and i believe that the 128k and the Se are running 6.0.8

Byrd
6th April 2005, 06:44 PM
Does the Imagewriter I use a printer cable that looks like that of a PCs on the end? If so, you're plugging it into your SCSI port, not the serial printer port (small plug). Not sure if you can get adaptors to make it work on ADB Macs, as it was designed for 128K and Apple II's.

In terms of software, there should be a printer driver with System 6.0.x, or you can use the Imagewriter II driver as well (which comes with all installs of Classic OS 6 - 9)

JB

applecollector
6th April 2005, 06:49 PM
yes it uses a printer cable

applecollector
6th April 2005, 06:49 PM
but how can i get the driver?
since i don't have it on my Macintosh Plus Boot Disk!

Byrd
6th April 2005, 07:17 PM
Gamba (http://home.earthlink.net/~gamba2/syslist.html) has a selection of Classic Mac boot disks for download, along with links to others.

Oh and applecollector ... I found this for you in about 1 second of Google searching, give it a burl sometime :thumbup:

JB

applecollector
6th April 2005, 07:56 PM
Well i got it to work on my trusted Apple IIe 1988 version?

Good old apple II e