PDA

View Full Version : Ken Burns effect in widescreen

Graham
6th April 2005, 04:58 PM
Over the last couple of years I've made slideshows of my photos in iMovie and created VideoCDs of them. Now I want to do the same for a DVD - but I want it in widescreen and not the standard 4:3 aspect format. It's trivial to do it in iMovie for static photos but getting them to move is where I need a bit of help.

Yes, there is in the inbuilt 'Ken Burns' effect but it's very limited. I used to use a product called 'Still Life' but it doesn't support a 16:9 format and their site is so out of date I'm not sure they're still in business. I want to specify a 16:9 format window that can move over a static picture and generate a DV file (which I can then import into iMovie).

Any suggestions?

grorr76
6th April 2005, 05:03 PM
elabarating on this can u do the ken burns effect in final cut pro and if you can how do u do it..

Graham
7th April 2005, 12:04 PM
Last night I discovered the start and end points for the effect in iMovie and found it makes it a lot more powerful. OK, it doesn't allow curved paths but it works well enough with zooms and pans for my purposes. It was one of those cases where it was so simple to do that I couldn't understand how to get it working properly...

chris
7th April 2005, 01:10 PM
Grorr76,

you do the effect using key frames - more complicated than the iMovie set up, but a lot more powerful.