PDA

View Full Version : cannot uninstall iStat menus

brpaz
10th June 2008, 12:15 AM
Hey,
I tried to uninstall iStat menus but it says "cannot remove core components". I've tried installing the new version, but it says "cannot copy files". anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

ClockWork
10th June 2008, 12:32 AM
Nicked straight from iSlayer Support (http://www.islayer.com/support/?p=30) - copied 'n pasted:

Uninstalling iStat menus

Simply open up the iStat menus pref pane in System Preferences, click on the General section, then click uninstall to launch the uninstaller.

brpaz
10th June 2008, 12:45 AM
sorry, I should've added that I've done that already. When the iStat menus uninstall dialog comes up and after I click the Uninstall button, that's when it says "Unable to remove core components".

brpaz
18th June 2008, 07:44 AM
any help?

Huy
18th June 2008, 07:47 AM
How about a restart?

Maybe it cannot remove them because they are currently in use.

If you log out and log back in, maybe that's when it will proceed to remove your file/s. A restart will also do the same thing.

Maybe that will help (sorry I don't use iStat menus so I am only guessing!). Give it a go and see if things work out.

brpaz
18th June 2008, 07:49 AM
I've tried restarting (multiple times), but that hasn't worked. Would anyone know how to manually remove the files? I'm not sure where they're stored.

Huy
18th June 2008, 07:56 AM
Maybe reinstall then uninstall again? Worth a shot.

Gerbils
18th June 2008, 08:10 AM
There is another thread about this very same problem floating around.

Go to Mac HD > Users > (yourusername) > Library > Application Support
and delete the 'iStat Menus' folder manually.

Now install. Voila!

brpaz
18th June 2008, 08:10 AM
I d/l'd the latest version, but the install doesn't complete. It starts, then says "Unable to copy files" and aborts the install process, so I can't do that either!

Gerbils
18th June 2008, 08:11 AM
As above

brpaz
18th June 2008, 08:23 AM
hey thanks - that worked perfectly!

thanks a lot! :D

michaeljlopez
7th May 2010, 04:51 PM
I just installed Snow Leopard and the old version of Istat I had previously installed made the top bar totally blank - no time, battery status, wireless indicator etc. etc.

I installed the new version of iStat and uninstalled it but to no avail. Happily, I found this message, deleted the iStat Menu and the iSlayer Menu and all went back to normal instantly.

Thanks for making the internet world a better place :)

darksplat
7th May 2010, 08:27 PM
So I have download the app it is nice, and the trial period is over and I want to Uninstall the app but I cant hit the Uninstall button as it wants me to buy or register which I don't want to do is there a fix for this?

Edit
Sorted it I went to Mac HD > Library > Application Support
and used the uninstall manually.

emkwan
29th May 2010, 06:34 AM
hi iv tried the above going through Mac HD, users etc... but cant seem to find the folder its as if it doesnt exist, yet there are three anoying marks in my top tool bar... any help?

darksplat
29th May 2010, 07:26 AM
it isnt in mac HD > users > Library it is in Mac HD > Library > Application Support you just went a little to far try that

emkwan
29th May 2010, 07:31 AM
Ohhh my bad thanks dude worked. :-)

darksplat
29th May 2010, 08:08 AM
anytime what they should do is have a uninstall button on the registration page if you dont want to continue the trial period. food for thought

marc
30th May 2010, 03:49 PM
anytime what they should do is have a uninstall button on the registration page if you dont want to continue the trial period. food for thought

"To uninstall iStat Menus, simply choose iStat Menus > Uninstall... from the menubar, then click Uninstall. This works, even if your trial period is over."

Getting started with iStat Menus by Bjango (http://bjango.com/help/istatmenus/install/)

iStat Menus 3.02 also has an Uninstall button on the "trial over" overlay.

Cloud_user
30th September 2010, 03:16 AM
To anyone who is having this problem and can't seem to fix it try this:

Go here:

Getting started with iStat Menus by Bjango (http://bjango.com/help/istatmenus/install/)

Install the istat menu (free)

Then click unistall from the menu

This was the only way I could get rid of it. : ) thanks guys