PDA

View Full Version : Eyetv and the PS3

mantaray
8th June 2008, 03:15 PM
I have searched the forum and have not really found the answer I am looking for, so sorry if in fact it has been answered.
A bit of history I purchased a Eye tv diversity for the missus's iMac ( fantastic device) thinking I could get an Apple TV and away you go- HDTV on call in the lounge room, unfortunately that is not the case, although i believe the the ATV flash program from here: aTV Flash - Ver. 3.0 - Apple Core, LLC (http://www.applecorellc.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=27)
overcomes this , but every time Apple updates so the aTv flash must be too -seems a bit user unfriendly in the long term.:rolleyes:
Which brings me to the PS3.
What I would like to know that is it possible to watch the saved Eyetv programs from our iMac to my HDTV in the loungeroom by using the PS3 as a media centre. I have heard of Eye connect and Medialink, but searching the net gives many varied answers so i thought i would ask here, where the answers can be trusted.
Also can wireless be used or is it wired only, and most important will my wife be able to do it ;)

Thanks

Bryan

purana
8th June 2008, 03:56 PM
EyeConnect and MediaLink are merely uPnP servers.. I am tempted to buy a license for MediaLink as I find it works quite well. As long as the format of the file your trying to play is supported by the PS3, then it will play via the uPnP server fine.

Cheese
8th June 2008, 04:10 PM
Hack up apple tv -> install full leopard -> use eyetv on appletv.