PDA

View Full Version : Could not load extra

olorenya
7th June 2008, 05:59 AM
checked the faq and tried changing the menucracker pulldown. still doesn't work. none of the modules load. please advise.

10.5.3 macbook 2.0

stopperbopper91
10th June 2008, 02:00 PM
yeah, i am having the same problem with the window that comes up saying that it could not load extra and i have tried all of the options for fixing it, but nothing changed. please help me!

olorenya
10th June 2008, 03:26 PM
i dug a little deeper and discovered that systemuiserver process was hanging and building a huge memory leak. i went to find it's plist file in ~/Library/Preferences. i found it but i couldn't read it or delete it as systemuiserver was writing to it constantly. i had to log in as root to delete the plist. deleted the menucrakcer folder and reinstalled istat menus. the plist file had well over 9000 lines in it :eek:

seems to work fine now. but i haven't needed to restart since i did that

jeremyhu
12th June 2008, 02:40 AM
This happened to me after installing the Quicktime 7.5 update and rebooting (doesn't make sense why that would be the culprit...)

My systemuiserver is not hung, and the plist is of normal size.

I deleted "~/Library/Application Support/iStat menus" and reinstalled with no success. I continue to see this error message show up in the logs, but nothing further useful

SystemUIServer com.apple.console Warning failed to load Menu Extra: NSBundle </Users/mylogin/Library/Application Support/iStat menus/Extras/MenuCracker.menu> (not yet loaded) 2008.06.11 09:38:02