PDA

View Full Version : iStat Menus 1.3 doesn't support intel processors!?

danieljomphe
7th June 2008, 01:35 AM
I was really excited by what's new in 1.3. I went on to install it and it went fine, but when I tried to open its System Prefs pane, I got this dialog telling me macs with an intel processor aren't supported by this app. And then iStat Menu's pane disappeared from the "Other" choices. If I reinstall or reboot, it keeps doing the same thing. The only relief I have is that it still runs in my menu bar; I just can't change its configuration.

Apart from this problem I have with your menubar plugin, I need to tell you that since I started using it on my first ever mac last autumn, I couldn't live without it. (I used MenuMeters for some time before switching to your app.) Since day one, I wanted to donate you some money. The more I wait to do so, the more I'm going to give you, though (sincerely). Now that I'm almost done buying the sharewares I wanted, it'll soon be the turn of the donationwares, of whom iStat Menus is the first. :) My sincere thanks for such a great application!

By the way, if I understand well, in 1.3, we're now able to see the top processes' memory usage like it's already possible to see in your iStat Pro widget; meaning that I'll no longer need the widget for this sole usage. I hate bringing up the dashboard instead of clicking on the menu bar. So it appears 1.3 brings me my most wished-for feature. :) Thanks again.

iSlayer
7th June 2008, 08:17 AM
Does system preferences ask you if you want to replace the current version. We had another user report the same problem and they managed to solve it by clicking cancel when it asks(strange i know).

danieljomphe
7th June 2008, 10:54 PM
Hahaha it worked! Crazy, now I'll be doing circles wondering why and how it worked by doing this!

Thank you very much for your support, and sorry I didn't find the other user's report.

Cheers