PDA

View Full Version : Problems installing new version of iStat Menus

Solari
6th June 2008, 07:54 AM
Greetings,

I got a notice a new version of iStats was available, so I downloaded it and attempted to install it. At first it would say it was unable to remove the old version, so I tried to uninstall from the preferences pane and it would not work so I ended up manually deleting it out of the prefs directory in the library -- that did the trick.

Now when I try to install the new version it aborts, saying "Unable to copy."

What can I do?

Thanks,
Ray

Gerbils
6th June 2008, 08:08 AM
I get this too.

gumby08
6th June 2008, 08:24 AM
I had no problems installing.

Jun
6th June 2008, 08:55 AM
I had no trouble installing.

astr0b0y
6th June 2008, 09:02 AM
Great to hear gumby08 and Jun, that you had no problems installing. Maybe you had trouble reading the title of the thread...

Solari, you could always try a safe boot (hold down shift when booting and don't let go until the login screen loads) to see if that helps.

Gerbils
6th June 2008, 06:07 PM
It works for me in a fresh user account, but not in my usual account!

hiredgoon
6th June 2008, 06:55 PM
Great to hear gumby08 and Jun, that you had no problems installing. Maybe you had trouble reading the title of the thread...

mine installed perfectly, no troubles here

Gerbils
6th June 2008, 06:57 PM
I got it to work! I had to remove the 'iStat Menus' folder from Users>(username)>Library>Application Support manually, then it installed fine.

Solari
7th June 2008, 10:15 AM
I got it to work! I had to remove the 'iStat Menus' folder from Users>(username)>Library>Application Support manually, then it installed fine.

Aha, that did the trick!

Thanks,.

Ray

konputer
23rd June 2008, 09:57 PM

Additionally, I had to remove iStat menus.prefPane from Users > (username) > Library > PreferencePanes