PDA

View Full Version : Where Can I Wii?

sunrisesister
26th May 2008, 08:58 PM
So, where in Melb can I actually go and try a Wii? No one i know has one, and I reaaally want to try one out before i give in to nagging and get one.

Ideas?

decryption
26th May 2008, 09:01 PM
Myer in the city has a demo unit just free and loose to go nuts on (providing you can beat down the tweens to get to it).

Also, the Game On Expo at ACMI has a Wii hooked up to a massive screen you can play on :D

sunrisesister
26th May 2008, 09:02 PM
is there anywhere in the eastern burbs that has the same? the city makes me stabby, but god that sounds like fun :)

oh, and beating down tweens? I CAN DO THAT

meinrosebud
26th May 2008, 09:06 PM
Yeah, where do you Wii in public?

ClockWork
26th May 2008, 09:08 PM
See a list here (http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/?tag=Wifi_Hotspots) under Melbourne CBD & Central.

snark
26th May 2008, 09:13 PM
is there anywhere in the eastern burbs that has the same?

Vile Chadstone? There's Myer, DJs, EB Games, Target, all of which might let you to Wii in public.

the city makes me stabby
O...kay

(backs away slowly)

spilla
26th May 2008, 09:17 PM
See a list here (http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/?tag=Wifi_Hotspots) under Melbourne CBD & Central.

Sorry CW, but I think you've confused Wi-Fi with Wii. :p

decryption
26th May 2008, 09:20 PM
EB never have demo consoles in their stores (pricks) - neither do Target as far as I know.

Myer in Chadstone might - never seen it at DJ's either.

ClockWork
26th May 2008, 09:21 PM
Sorry CW, but I think you've confused Wi-Fi with Wii. :p

Wi-Fi / Wii / Pokémon / Pac-Man - what is the difference!?

Al Aero
26th May 2008, 09:21 PM
EB never have demo consoles in their stores (pricks) - neither do Target as far as I know.

Myer in Chadstone might - never seen it at DJ's either.

DJ's Chaddy has it, its in the tellie section not the mac/Hp section..

Go do some public wii'ing!!

a.

sunrisesister
26th May 2008, 09:23 PM
ive always wanted to wii in public ;)

thanks chaps.

darksplat
26th May 2008, 09:25 PM
EB never have demo consoles in their stores (pricks) .

thats because of the young kids would not share with actual paying customers, hence no demo consoles nor games
EX EB games sales

decryption
26th May 2008, 09:26 PM
thats because of the young kids would not share with actual paying customers, hence no demo consoles nor games
EX EB games sales

I still reckon it's pathetic a company solely dedicated to gaming hasn't even got a console out for people to play on :(

Al Aero
26th May 2008, 09:35 PM
I still reckon it's pathetic a company solely dedicated to gaming hasn't even got a console out for people to play on :(

EB are farking pirates anyways, they may always have the stock but damm its at a premium!!

a.

darksplat
26th May 2008, 09:35 PM
I know what you are saying the only thing that they have as some sort of relief is if you dont like it you can take it back after a week but still I would rather play it and make my decision after playing the game instead of wasting $100 then not liking it and then finding the time again to return it within a week and dont get me started on the price of games and how much profit the distributors are making on it and you wonder why piracy is so common and the y generation thinks it normal to do it

sunrisesister
26th May 2008, 09:39 PM
"taking it back" doesnt work when there are 3 highly excited kids involved ;)

snark
26th May 2008, 09:41 PM
EB never have demo consoles in their stores (pricks) - neither do Target as far as I know....
Target in Malvern used to. I haven't looked for a while. Or maybe I'm thinking of Camberwell... damn, all the stores are identical.
Maybe it's up to the individual store manager.

darksplat
26th May 2008, 09:42 PM
Exactly one of the many points i brought up with management @ the time I worked there, which wasnt long 8 months part time in Sydney on and off between sea trips for the Navy