PDA

View Full Version : DNS 323 Mac Leopard - Problems. Help??

ZAK248313
23rd May 2008, 07:32 PM
Hi there,

Have spent a good few hours searching and searching for a solution for this, and posting topics on forums is usually a last response but Im pretty frustrated!

Bought a DNS323, and have 2 x Seagate 750GB drives in the bays. 1 is formatted, 1 is brand new.
Im running Leopard.

I've plugged the NAS drive into the router. Billion 7402VGO
My Mac is also plugged hard patch into the router.

I cant find the IP address, the unit is just not coming up. Ive tried an IP scan but its not coming up either.

Im at a loss on how to get my Mac to recognise this on the network.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Remorhaz
23rd May 2008, 07:42 PM
Have you tried connecting to the web admin panel of your Billion router and I presume it has a panel which shows connected LAN devices and their associated MAC and IP Addresses - even if you don't know the NAS's MAC you could probably guess the IP from the active list by excluding all the other known devices/IP's on your network.

ZAK248313
23rd May 2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks, tried to access the client list last night, with no luck. Have just tried a hard reset of the unit and the IP address has appeared. I can now get into the admin panel.

Thanks for your help, appreciated.

kbrian
19th February 2009, 05:26 PM
Last year I replaced a Dell desktop with a MacBook Pro. On my home network I have a DNS-323 that I configured on the Dell. I was able to connect to it just fine with my Mac, but now I've replaced my old wireless router (a Linksys) with an AirPort Extreme. My Mac can no longer find the DNS-323. I used the AirPort Utility to determine the IP address of the DNS-323, thinking that I could just plug that IP address into Firefox and pull up the NAS' control panel, but no dice. Anyone got any advice on how I can regain access to my files? Thanks!

yinyang
19th February 2009, 06:02 PM
have you tried powering off the Airport Extreme whilst the DNS-323 is connected to it? maybe DHCP needs to redistribute IP addresses

ZAK248313
19th February 2009, 06:58 PM
Sorry- shouldve closed this thread- sorted it out. Cant remember how though. Thanks guys.