PDA

View Full Version : No Fahrenheit tmp display on macmini ppc

rocketmouse
19th May 2008, 08:43 AM
I changed the iStat menus Temps Temp Type to Fahrenheit on my PPC G4 Macmini directly after installation. After restarting, carefully running Onyx, and once again repairing permissions, this time directly from Disk Utility, the temperature still only shows as what I now assume to be Celsius (um, Celcius in the box...) At first I thought it might be an arbitrary and stationary number, but it actually has changed from 45 to 50 so it must be active.
The version I installed was 1.21, which I copied over from my (Intel) MacBook, so should I try to get, and is there, an earlier version for the ppc mini? Is there anything else I can do to solve this problem?
(It's now 105°where I live, hence the need to monitor temperatures, especially on the mini as it doesn't seem to have a fan.)
-rocketmouse

purana
19th May 2008, 08:50 AM
especially on the mini as it doesn't seem to have a fan.)
-rocketmouse

G4 Mac Mini certainly has a fan.

rocketmouse
19th May 2008, 09:30 AM
Aha! Good to know in this heat. Thank you. But maybe then iStat menus doesn't see it? There's no sensor available to monitor, and when I select (check mark) it for Show fans in menubar all I get is N/A.
Btw, I re-downloaded (directly to the mini this time) and re-installed iStat menus, just in case the diskimage I had copied from the MacBook was different (i.e. a ppc vs. intel issue) but unfortunately nothing changed.

iSlayer
20th May 2008, 11:06 AM
Not sure why Fahrenheit isn't working but we have completely rebuilt the temperature extra for the next release so it is more then likely fixed.

(and yes minis do have a fan but not one that is readable on PPC's)

rocketmouse
20th May 2008, 01:51 PM
Thank you. I'll be watching for the new release. :cool: