PDA

View Full Version : 10.5.2, Firefox 2.0.0.14, and flash.

Bastard Sheep
10th May 2008, 04:14 PM
I picked up my new baby today. *gives it another cuddle* My first ever mac. Awwww.

Anyway, something I haven't seen before on any other macs I've used ... when I view flash files they partially dissapear. When I'm scrolling in a window that has a few youtube videos etc it keeps flashing / showing / hiding. When watching a video in a static screen, well, here's a screenshot of how it appears.

http://www.users.on.net/~jimc/Picture%204.png

This is a clean install from the OS discs that came with the mac, fresh download of firefox, I've tried grabbing flash from the adobe website and it had no affect - exactly the same before and after. Any ideas? It's not life threatening but it's bloody annoying, especially when I'm having to use flash to navigate a site (such as I did at Nokia's website earlier).

[MREVO8]
10th May 2008, 04:38 PM
Is it something to do with Adblock?

Bastard Sheep
10th May 2008, 04:48 PM
It was doing that before I installed any extensions such as adblock.

Edit: Wait, I lie. I could have sworn it was happening before I installed any extensions but decided to test it just to be certain. It's the object tabs in adblock that are doing it. Don't I feel like the fool. :) Thanks.

Currawong
10th May 2008, 04:49 PM
It's most certainly a problem with Firefox and Adblock.

Rjat
10th May 2008, 04:51 PM
Yep I think it is AdBlock. I have had this problem as well, but I have started using Safari instead of Firefox.

Bastard Sheep
10th May 2008, 10:30 PM
Two replies after my edit. I edited for netiquette so I didn't bump the thread unecisserrily. Every response was perfectly on target and I just had my order of events slightly the wrong way around.

Expect more questions like this from me, I've supported macs from OS8 onwards but there's more than enough things about them both advanced and utterly basic which I don't know and I'm not afraid to admit it. If I ask for help I'm going to try things out even if they're things I've already dismissed. Being an IT guy myself I know more than well enough there's more than likely one small step that was missed / overlooked which is more than likely the cause of the problem.