PDA

View Full Version : Undo for Apple Bluetooth Firmware Update??

jarrodb
31st March 2005, 12:44 AM
I've got the D-link DBT-120 bluetooth dongle and I'm currently using it with my G4 imac. I installed the Apple BT firmware update as I has having a few dramas getting my mouse to work, the update went OK and all is good.

I now however want to use the dongle with my WinXP laptop, but as stated, it is no longer PC compatible.

Does anyone know if this update can be undone and the original firmware restored to the dongle? The D-link support pages don't cover this at all.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

J

jobe
31st March 2005, 12:59 PM
have you tried downloading the old firmware and re-flashing it? Or tried downloading a PC compatible firmware and "upgrade" it to that?

I've never used BT, I think it's ucky... but I would imagin it's not to dis-similar to upgrading a CD-ROM firmware etc.

jarrodb
31st March 2005, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the reply. The problem is the both Apple & Dlink tell me the firmware "upgrade" is permanent and not reversable at all. I have just spent the last hr ont he phone to Apple and they are completly useless. Everyone agrees the note on the website is not strong enough but no one will do anything about it. Very frustrating....