PDA

View Full Version : Airport Extreme 802.11n - Mac can't see other mac!

mattmac
30th April 2008, 07:25 PM
Hi Guys,

My Airport Extreme 802.11n i just purchased (with 10/100 ethernet model) isn't allowing the macs to see each other (powerbook & g5).

Any ideas? They use to see each other on wired ethernet via a switch.

Thanks

Matt

Cam
30th April 2008, 08:03 PM
I'm actually having this problem with my Intel iMac and my Macbook pro, prompting me to think it might have something to do with 10.5.2 & wireless

My problem: is that the ARP/MAC entries don't appear properly for some weird damn reason. Manually deleting the entries and adding then manually adding them seems to be the magic fix for me.

mattmac
30th April 2008, 08:42 PM
Could you define what you mean by APR/MAC entries? where abouts you doing this? Thanks Cam.

new2mac
30th April 2008, 09:27 PM
Same problem for me with my new Base Station :(

mattmac
30th April 2008, 09:42 PM
Yeah mine is a base station too. Not the tiny one... hmm wierd! Ill keep playing around with it later this week.

halledise
30th April 2008, 09:48 PM
I too upgraded to the APX 'n' from a 'g' model and see no noticeable difference whatsoever - either in distance or quality of signal.

good advertising Apple! :thumbdn:

mattmac
30th April 2008, 09:54 PM
Mine has been streaming HD perfectly, live tv to my media center extender, its just the MAC to MAC thing that is pissing me off. Its an apple product, it should definitely work between two bloody apples! The PC + Extender are talking.