PDA

View Full Version : Macupdate Bundle - >$400 software for $64.99

leon
16th April 2008, 10:21 PM
Hot on the heals of the Macheist bundle, is the Macupdate bundle. Currently parallels 3.0 is locked until they get 5000 purchases.
The bundle is $64.99US.
Take a look at the link below.

MacUpdate Promo - Big discounts on Mac software every day. (http://www.mupromo.com/)

sammyo91
17th April 2008, 04:01 PM
This is similar to MacHeist (http://www.macheist.com)

Better software in this bundle though

jrad
25th April 2008, 11:42 AM
The 3 locked apps are now available. Do you guys think this is a good buy or is that money better spent on VMware? (I was also wanting it for Sound Studio, I enjoy that app...)

Thoughts?

jrad
27th April 2008, 12:32 AM
Bump? :)

gmask1
27th April 2008, 01:12 AM
I bought this for a couple of the apps:

- Bannerzest: I don't have time to learn flash, but I still want to embed small flash galleries on pages that I build. This looks like an app that might be better that SWF 'n Slide Pro, which I normally use. I shall be playing with it soon...

- Art Text: Also for website design, although I think I'm past whacky font-styles for websites. Nice to have some options though.

- Hazel & Leap: I've wanted to get Hazel and Leap for a while, to try and tag/auto-file all my documents. With Leap I can start the process of tagging files, and once they're tagged, Hazel can pick them all up and move them to wherever I want them to be. A quick one-two punch to get things sorted.

Leap and Hazel together more than cover the cost of the bundle for me - Bannerzest and Art Text are both nice-to-haves that sweeten the deal. I'll also probably end up carrying Storymill on the laptop, just to see if it brings any benefits to my writing workflow.

I'm a longtime super-happy VMWare user, so I have no need for Parallels. This really is a bargain though, if you did happen to need Windows virtualization for the office or for development.

As for the rest of the bundle - nothing does much for me at first glance, so it won't get a run at this point.

MissionMan
27th April 2008, 02:49 AM
The 3 locked apps are now available. Do you guys think this is a good buy or is that money better spent on VMware? (I was also wanting it for Sound Studio, I enjoy that app...)

Thoughts?

I don't see what the major issues are with Parallels. I've run it for a while now and it runs really well. VM may have some advantages in some areas but so does Parallels so if you can buy it and score a couple of free apps at the same time, why not.