PDA

View Full Version : I got the info, now what

ParkCityVR
16th April 2008, 05:33 AM
Hi,

I downloaded istats after my macbook pro fans have been running non stop for 3 days. I have the data on my menu bar but not sure what I am to do next and how to solve my problems. The fans are running anywhere from 5400 rpm to over 6000 rpm. temp is around 75 degrees

something called "printLabMgr" is running at %100. I am not sure if that is the culprit or if that is something from istats? I did a search for this thing and nothing came up. Thanks for the help

chrism238
16th April 2008, 05:41 AM
Hi,

I downloaded istats after my macbook pro fans have been running non stop for 3 days. I have the data on my menu bar but not sure what I am to do next and how to solve my problems. The fans are running anywhere from 5400 rpm to over 6000 rpm. temp is around 75 degrees

something called "printLabMgr" is running at %100. I am not sure if that is the culprit or if that is something from istats? I did a search for this thing and nothing came up. Thanks for the help75 degrees is quite hot, and so probably the fans are running in an (unsuccessful) attempt to reduce the temperature. I don't know what printLabMgr is, it's not on my machine, and certainly not running as a background process. I'd suggest killing that process, or even rebooting the machine (which will certainly kill it). Does printLabMgr recommence execution when the machine is rebooted? Does it again run at 100% :confused:

bullrout
16th April 2008, 06:56 AM
Did you recently reset your PMU?

I had this problem because I reset the PMU using G5 instruction in instead of intel.

ParkCityVR
16th April 2008, 10:38 AM
Hi all

Thanks for the reply. I figured it out. It was my print mgr deciding to keep
"processing" (not sure of term} even though job cancelled days ago. My printer ran out of paper and I unplug from network I guess mac did not like that. I fixed it by going to system preference and deleting driver for now. now rpm down to 2000 and no fan noise. thanks for input