PDA

View Full Version : Leopard Finder sidebar - Can it be reorganised?

WonderBoy
15th April 2008, 01:26 PM
I like the fact that Leopard Finder windows have the "Shared" list (which is essentially a list of other computers on your network) on the sidebar. But why on earth does Apple think this is more important than the "Places" list (your own local folders such as Applications, Documents etc.) and have this list at the top??

I would think it would be far more efficient to have the "Places" list above the "Shared" list as I access stuff on my own hard drive most of the time. Can I get an amen? :) Anyone know how to swap these around?

alphabet
15th April 2008, 07:39 PM
Amen.

rickyd
15th April 2008, 08:13 PM
They probably come under Devices because they are usually like shared drives etc.

Thunderstruck
15th April 2008, 08:19 PM
Not without some hacking in the terminal which I forgot how. If you think SHARED is less useful, just close it and only open it if you need network access.

Depends on how you use PLACES and your Finder navigation, you might want to start using keyboard shortcuts. Command + H for home, Command + D for desktop, Command + A for Apps.

WonderBoy
16th April 2008, 09:18 AM
Not without some hacking in the terminal which I forgot how...

Interesting. If anyone has a link I'd be very appreciative. Otherwise I might just turn "Shared" off.