PDA

View Full Version : Canon MP360 scanning

tha12c
27th March 2005, 05:00 PM
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a driver that is able to support both printing and scanning for the MP360 through OS X. Currently I am running Turboprint which allows me to print but not scan. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

g4cube
27th March 2005, 07:00 PM
Usually osx supports everything natively but i would look at the canon site and see what they say on the matter. Are you using the latest version of osx 10.3.8 ?

eudaemons
27th March 2005, 07:30 PM
Canon doesn&#39;t seem to have any Mac drivers >_<

http://www.canon.com.au/products/all_in_on...60_drivers.html (http://www.canon.com.au/products/all_in_one_printers/all_in_one_printers/mp360_drivers.html)

Strange since I&#39;ve allways understood that Canon support the Mac fairly well.

Oh crap. that makes 2 of us thats screwed, my MP390 doesn&#39;t have any MAc drivers either .... ARGH&#33;

Well, looks like I&#39;m gonna have to upgrade the the MP780 - that has Mac drivers. Atleast the MP series is awesome and I&#39;m with it&#33; just wish i could figure out that faxing bit.

tha12c
29th March 2005, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by g4cube@Mar 27 2005, 07:00 PM
Usually osx supports everything natively but i would look at the canon site and see what they say on the matter. Are you using the latest version of osx 10.3.8 ?
I have checked far and wide for a suitable driver that will run my scanner and I am currently using the latest versin of Mac OS X 10.3.8. I am really suprised that Canon does not support Mac or is it the other way around?

Currawong
29th March 2005, 02:59 PM
There used to be or still is an open source project that had scanner driver support for everything under the sun, if you can find it - I"m sure it was on Sourceforge. Otherwise, maybe Vuescan will work.

digger
5th April 2005, 10:38 PM
Have a look for a program called Vuescan. You can download it for a trial before you buy. It supports many scanners no longer supported by the manufacturers.

neilrobinson
5th April 2005, 11:59 PM
Vuescan is good - a few years ago i had trouble with it only with one scanner the rest where perfect&#33; there is a few others about - i found 4 or 5 on versiontracker over the weekend. May not all support your scanner thou. Good Luck&#33; :)

neil