PDA

View Full Version : Evernote

Peter Wells
12th April 2008, 10:00 PM
Hey,

i got an invite to the beta to evernote, a web service that allows you to take images clips, etc, from your mac or iphone and view them anywhere...

havent really played with it, so i dont know if its worthwhile,

but if you want an invite, let me know.

i_ncr1Ee9e8&e

Remember everything. | Evernote Corporation (http://preview.evernote.com/?_sourcePage=%2FWEB-INF%2Fjsp%2Fapp-main.jsp)

smilne360
12th April 2008, 10:27 PM
thats actually a really cool..
why didnt someone think of it 10 years ago?

andytlr
12th April 2008, 10:46 PM
I had a play with it the other day. The idea is brilliant but it is still in beta and I think there are quite a few things that need to be ironed out.

Great idea though and the search thing does really work like it does in their video.

jppat
12th April 2008, 11:04 PM
i would love an invite if you still have some :)

andytlr
12th April 2008, 11:18 PM
PM me your email address, I've got some.

andrew.wilson
12th April 2008, 11:20 PM
I'm keen for an invite if one can be spared. It looks very cool but I don't know how practical it would be.

Would like to try it out though, might write a review for the site when I get a chance as well.

andrew.mtb [at] gmail.com

Cheers.

andytlr
12th April 2008, 11:22 PM
Done.

andrew.wilson
12th April 2008, 11:23 PM
Thanking you :D

LeeDavis
13th April 2008, 03:36 PM
it works really well even in beta, but I'd prefer it if the text indexing was performed on the client rather than having to sync all your notes up to their server. i also haven't read their t&c for any privacy issues.

andytlr
13th April 2008, 03:41 PM
The text indexing on the web server was one of the things I found took a bit too long to sync properly. I'm sure there is a good reason why they have to do it on their server but as far as I could tell it couldn't even search the live text title you give each 'note' until it had been synced then synced again.

The other thing was that the web client doesn't work properly in Firefox 3 yet. That is no criticism though considering Firefox 3 is still beta.

BoxDog
2nd May 2008, 10:18 PM
10 invites to give away here too. PM me if interested

Dante Kyar
19th May 2008, 04:49 PM
I'm having trouble getting the web clipper to work properly. I can't seem to get it in my menu bar, despite it being selected in preferences. Any ideas? I've logged off and on, but haven't bothered shutting down.

Got some invites too, pm me if u want some.

teamshaw
20th May 2008, 07:35 PM
I've got plenty of invites to go around as well, PM me your email if your interested

richbowen
20th May 2008, 11:31 PM
Not wanting to disparage the generosity of MTAU members, but you can just go to the Evernote website and register for the beta program directly (http://www.evernote.com/about/prereg/). My beta invite came through within 24 hours of registering.

soadaholic
21st May 2008, 12:33 AM
I'm Lazy, can I get an invite ?:)