PDA

View Full Version : Slingbox by Sling Media

GeoffP
12th April 2008, 06:47 PM
Hi,

I recently installed an EyeTV Diversity Twin Tuner on my mac. This gives me all the digital free to air channels, but does not allow me to view my Foxtel IQ.

I used to achieve this functionality using a Clipsal Star Server which multiplexes my various home theatre appliances across my co-axial network (This functionality is still required for the analogue based televisions in the rest of my house).

Now that I have changed to the Diversity, I can only view digital frequencies in (and on) my Mac.

I was reading the latest MacLife and there was a review of the Slingbox. The Pro seems future proofed as it allows for a HD input (there are a total of 4 inputs it can accept).

I found a few threads on Whirlpool re the Slingbox, but was wondering if anyone here had used the product, and with what level of success.

Thanks.

choy
13th April 2008, 12:12 AM
Yes I have the slingbox. (not the HD version, standard version). Works well, but be warned you must get the UK version NOT the US version. Also it will work with the orignal IQ but not the newest revised version (?not sure if the new one is out yet) as the UK version of the slingbox only works because the original foxtel IQ is a rebranded SkyTV box.

GeoffP
13th April 2008, 08:51 AM
Thanks Choy,
Was just doing some reading on the new Foxtel HD service which will be coming out about mid 2008. I might hang off till then to see what the go is with that, then make a decision.

landog
1st June 2008, 04:17 PM
choy, im bidding on a slingbox to plog into my foxtel IQ2 (HD) box and then found your post. How do you know / are you sure that a slingbox av wont work with Foxtel IQ2 HD box?

Thanks