PDA

View Full Version : What's on the Install Disc that comes with your Mac?

rickyd
11th April 2008, 09:03 PM
Does the disc that comes with your Mac include Leopard and iLife '08? My New MacBook Pro said it came preinstalled with iLife, so I'm guessing.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case for all new Mac models?

TIA,
Ricky.

The Loyal
11th April 2008, 09:18 PM
With my iMac that came preinstalled with iLife 07 they were automatically installed into the "applications" folder. Have you checked there?

They were located on the Tiger OS disk as well.

rickyd
11th April 2008, 09:19 PM
I know they are preinstalled, but if I ever need to reformat, will I still have iLife when I reinstall from the disc?

The Loyal
11th April 2008, 09:22 PM
If it's anything like the Tiger OS disc the yes, you should be able to retireve them, might want to confirm it with someone that got Leopard bundled with a system as I upgraded.

EDIT:

"Leopard does not include or install any version if iLife. The version of iLife shipped with the machine is on the System Restore DVD that shipped with the machine. Once booted into the OS insert the DVD and double click on the Install Bundled Software app on the DVD. If this does not exist, or does not work you could use Pacifist to install specific applications from the software bundle. "

Maybe have a look at this option. :)

chrsha01
11th April 2008, 09:31 PM
Ummm....not to be rude or anything, but something's telling me that there has never been an iLife 07 version released. I just have this feeling. :p

EDIT: I do think that iLife 08 can be installed again from the 'Back-up' Installation CD that came with your Mac.:)

The Loyal
11th April 2008, 09:46 PM
Ummm....not to be rude or anything, but something's telling me that there has never been an iLife 07 version released. I just have this feeling. :p

EDIT: I do think that iLife 08 can be installed again from the 'Back-up' Installation CD that came with your Mac.:)

oops, whatever the previous version was, thats the one that I had. :P

thorevenge
11th April 2008, 09:48 PM
iLife is on Disc 2

purana
11th April 2008, 09:51 PM
The restore media with the machine will exactly install what your machine shipped with. Of course you MUST use those restore media to get all that software back on down the track.

LarryH
11th April 2008, 10:14 PM
iLife 06 is the previous version.