PDA

View Full Version : First time Mac user can't transfer.msg emails from PC into my Mac

Coach
10th April 2008, 08:57 PM
I am trying to transfer data from my PC into my new Mac and I can't transfer the emails I have saved on my PC as ".msg". Surely someone has done this before and can help? Thanks.:confused:

Mac Ram
10th April 2008, 09:18 PM
I'm assuming .msg is from outlook - if so google an app called O2M (outlook to mail).

vwl
10th April 2008, 09:56 PM
If your PC app is Eudora, I can highly recommend Eudora Mailbox Cleaner.

Freeware, and it migrated all my eudora mail messages from my old pc to my Mac keeping all dates and attachments intact.

Coach
10th April 2008, 10:22 PM
Thanks for your help! Yes, .msg is from Outlook - I save the emails I need to keep in various folders (separate to Outlook), giving them the .msg suffix which makes them loook like an envelope. My new Mac can see these "documents" but can't open them. Most of my data is in this format, so I really need to be able to get it across to my new Mac and be able to use it. I'll ckeck out O2M.

FineWine
10th April 2008, 11:59 PM
I do not know .msg files but you could try reimporting them back into Outlook then try this method:

How to transfer/Import Windows Thunderbird Mail and Outlook Express into Apple Mail (http://forums.mactalk.com.au/16/40924-how-transfer-import-windows-thunderbird-mail-outlook-express-into-apple-mail.html)

It is an all free way of doing it, O2M is not free.