View Full Version : Broken iBook

21st April 2004, 07:20 PM
Hey all, i was wonfering where i could get a broken white ibook. You know one with a broken screen, and broken insides. i wanna practice a mod, coz i don't want to do it on a new one if i buy it. Dont wanna void the warrenty. Thanks

21st April 2004, 08:16 PM
At least wait until you warrenty is up. What if you get one with a bad main board, then what are you going to do?

21st April 2004, 10:08 PM
Maybe the mod is cosmetic.

Check ebay for non working Apples as well as calling Apple shops that may repair them and the machines are too crappy to do anything with but throw away.

I scored a pair of (very hard to find and very expensive) Optical Lenses that are used on Data Projectors. They had been scraped and the lenses just got recycled like normal glass does.

I ended up building a large set of binoculars for a member of my astronomy club that can no longer cart his large telescope around because he's too old for that now. The bino's are on a stand of their own but take 2 secs to set up.

Its amazing what you find shops thowing out.

22nd April 2004, 02:22 PM
Yeah i dont care what it is. I wanna strip out the paint and paint it on theinside, kinda like a demo. u may have seen something like it arround.

even if it is just the case with a broken screen. I might give my local apple shop a ring and find out.

22nd April 2004, 04:50 PM
There are some really nice mods on Applefritter, have you seen those?

Good luck in finding a bare iBook case - Sausage_Dog - don't think you'll have much luck mate!

Also, with your existing iBook you could consider getting some Solartrim from a hobby shop - this is a very thin, slightly adhesive plastic material that, once applied to an object, shrinks slightly when you pass a warm Iron 5cm away from it. You can peel off the film if you don't like it. Bugger of a job still :)

23rd April 2004, 06:29 AM
Thanks dude. If i can't find one i ight wait a coupple of monthsfor the price to come down on the old ones, now that the new ones are so cheap. Thanks for the information guys.