PDA

View Full Version : How do you rename mac OS disk?

nightelves
9th April 2008, 07:56 PM
Hi just wanna know if its possible to rename the disk drive for mac os x? mine right now says diskOs3 which i want to name Mac OS Disk

purana
9th April 2008, 07:59 PM
Just rename from the desktop. Shouldn't be a issue.

nightelves
9th April 2008, 08:01 PM
fair enough lol i was used to right-click rename but never thought of the other methods. thanks a lot. sometimes common things are not so common after all ey

nightelves
9th April 2008, 08:08 PM
Another question how can you completely delete a partition?

Starscream
9th April 2008, 08:09 PM
Disk utility.

nightelves
9th April 2008, 08:23 PM
That does not delete it. It just erases whatever is in that partition

Currawong
9th April 2008, 08:24 PM
Edit: Apparently I'm wrong.

nightelves
9th April 2008, 08:27 PM
Then how in the world can i run bootcamp then? Is there a way I can merge the two partition?

Currawong
9th April 2008, 08:31 PM
What are you trying to do? Usually you just run the Bootcamp set-up assistant and all will be good.

nightelves
9th April 2008, 08:38 PM
i currently have two partition on my macbook pro and I want to merge both of them into one so that I can later partition them out again to run bootcamp

iPirate
10th April 2008, 09:49 AM
if you're running Leopard, you could resize the partitions now to the size you want later, and erase the second one as Fat-32 (MS-DOS)?

Edit: Disk Util in Leopard should allow in "Partition" for a drive (not a volume, a drive, you get DriveName with VolumeNames indented below, followed by the next drive, indented volumes, etc) by selecting a partition and clicking delete.

Tiger discs will probably only let you erase and start over.