PDA

View Full Version : After the latest software update all scrolling and dragging is rough

kaotik
8th April 2008, 11:03 PM
As the title suggests, i recently had an automatic software update on leopard that updated safari, itunes and a few other things that i cant remember, but it seems that since that happened all actions are seem to be delayed such as key strokes ( letters typed half a second after the key being pressed) or when scrolling with the scroll ball it isnt smooth anymore. Even when highlighting a section of a word to delete it always misses one letter so i have to overshoot the position that i start highlighting from to get the whole word in. Its quite annoying. Its like theres a delayed reaction all the time or like it is constantly trying to catch up with you. Ive tried a new mouse just to rule out a hardware problem
Incase you were wondering its my first Mac (iMac) an its only 6mths old

All help appreciated in this matter

chrsha01
8th April 2008, 11:05 PM
Try a restart just to refresh/'clean out' the system.

Byrd
9th April 2008, 08:52 AM
its my first Mac (iMac) an its only 6mths old

Are you running a wireless keyboard and mouse? Might be that the batteries are dying, six months of use would be about right to replace them.

JB

landog
9th April 2008, 08:55 AM
same experience here.. restart seems to have addressed it

Currawong
9th April 2008, 09:22 AM
Some or other program could be doing something intensive. You can open up Activity Monitor (in Applications -> Utilities) then "Show all processes" from the menu in the window and click on the "CPU" column header until it shows the most active processes at the top.

Phase
9th April 2008, 09:40 AM
Same issue, here -

However it's on an 8 core 8Gb ram 2008 MacPro

Restart always fixes it, and can replicate by putting the machine to sleep for several hours.

kaotik
12th April 2008, 09:11 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions

I did a few restarts, but it didnt help. I then shut it off for a day and when i turned it on again it was ok. It was probably cos i always put it to sleep all the time.