PDA

View Full Version : MYOB and Scrolling

rooread
5th April 2008, 10:35 AM
I don't suppose anyone's found a way to make 2 finger scrolling (macbook) work in MYOB???? It's never worked and it gives me the shits on a daily basis....... Seriously, if this keeps up my macbook's gonna end up on the road out the front of my house. I can't belive I haven't chased this up yet..... It's only been 3 years of constant annoyance! :mad:

Geoff3DMN
5th April 2008, 10:46 AM
MYOB is an essential program for me... that's why one of the reasons I use a multi-button logitech mouse with a scroll wheel.

I couldn't handle using MYOB with just the touchpad either to be honest!

lurka
5th April 2008, 10:50 AM
MYOB is also an essential application for me as well, although I am seriously considering changing from MYOB as my sales and invoicing software to LightSpeed2 (http://www.xsilva.com/features.php)
Then putting all the data back into MYOB and using that for GST and PAYG and payroll.

I just use a M$ intellimouse

rooread
6th April 2008, 03:39 AM
So am I to assume that a mouse with a scroll wheel will in fact make a MYOB window scroll where 2 fingers on the track-pad does not??

Geoff3DMN
6th April 2008, 08:26 AM
It does for me, but I run MYOB under boot camp, and track pad functionality in bootcamp isn't great.

Are you running the OS X version or the Windows version on your Apple?

rooread
6th April 2008, 08:44 AM
I'm running the mac version in leopard and the windows have never scrolled without actually clicking on the scroll bar. I know it's only a small thing but I use it every bloody day and it's really starting to s#it me.

krafty
6th April 2008, 09:14 AM
the mac version of MYOB sux, no scrolling, even with a mouse.
Oh and when someone who knows what they are doing with MYOB (professional book keeper) looks at your MacMYOB its a half arsed version and it is not keeping your books properly, then you will need to go windows MYOB. Bootcamp for me. keeps everyone happy.

soulman
6th April 2008, 10:59 AM
the mac version of MYOB sux, no scrolling, even with a mouse.I also think that MYOB for Mac is badly written but mouse wheel scrolling works OK here.

... MacMYOB its a half arsed version and it is not keeping your books properly...Yeah, I hate it too but it does at least work as a bookkeeping app. What do you mean by "not keeping books porperly"?

rooread
6th April 2008, 04:14 PM
I sacked my book keeper because I found the process of book keeping relatively straight forward once I found an accountant willing to explain it all and train me up on MYOB. I now find that 1/2 an hour of MYOB a day keeps the taxman at bay!
The shortcomings of MYOB are astounding once you become a bit of a power user.
Shit, unintuitive, ugly, inefficient, clunky and overpriced are words that come to mind when describing these accounting programs that those in small business are forced to purchase.
But anyway, I'm getting the feeling that I'm just gonna have to wear the non-scrolling issue.:(