PDA

View Full Version : How do I swithc back to OS X after I've installed windows

nightelves
5th April 2008, 09:15 AM
Hi I have installed windows via boocamp and now everytime I switch on the laptop it just loads into windows. Is there a way that you can switch between the two or am I doom to walk in Windows shadows

dappleone
5th April 2008, 09:17 AM
What happens when you restart holding down the 'option' key?

nightelves
5th April 2008, 09:22 AM
Very nice it worked. Another thing is it possible to install drivers for windows and if so how do I go about it because I'm getting really annoyed about not having the right button click key on windows.

dappleone
5th April 2008, 09:31 AM
From my limited experience, once you have booted into Windows (using the restart and 'option' key to choose your OS) the machine functions just like a native, windows machine.

Installing your drivers should be a snap.

I am not sure why you cannot use a right, mouse click, but reinstalling the driver should work fine.

Cheers

nightelves
5th April 2008, 09:36 AM
Oops I'll rephrase that I theres no right button clicker on the touch pad which is doing my head in as I've become accustom to the two button clicker in Leopard. How were you able to install the drivers when its on the Leopard CD if you can help me that would be great.

nightelves
5th April 2008, 09:54 AM
THe Leopard CD does not seem to respond in windows it shows up as 0 byte. DId anyone encounter this problem?

snark
5th April 2008, 10:08 AM
Reboot your mac into OS X, and launch the Bootcamp Assistant. Then read / save / print the Bootcamp Installation and Setup Guide, which answers all the questions you have asked in this thread.:)

[edit: from the aforementioned guide...]

To right-click using a trackpad:
Place two fingers on the trackpad and click the trackpad button.

nightelves
5th April 2008, 10:52 AM
I have read the guide but it just says something like check the task list and look behind open windows to see what the problem is but I do not know how to go about doing that.

snark
5th April 2008, 11:20 AM
Are you using the OS X Install Disk 1 ? It should appear as a volume called 'Windows Support' under your CD/DVD drive in Windows. There is a folder called 'Boot Camp' - run setup.exe from there.

nightelves
5th April 2008, 04:25 PM
Thats the thing the CD/DVD drive does not detect the Disk and therfore I am unable to install any drivers

JaimeSharp
5th April 2008, 04:35 PM
what about using the driver disk and inserting it into the mac. and installing the trackpad driver.

rjch
5th April 2008, 06:34 PM
You might try the keyboard & mouse osx system preferences and tick the "for secondary clicks ..." box, and then it seems to work in windows as well.

meinrosebud
5th April 2008, 07:09 PM
Dontcha just love it when people dabble in a world of pain? Go to Apple - Support - Switch 101 (http://www.apple.com/support/switch101/) and try to relate the advice given to windows switchers it should help.

snark
5th April 2008, 07:45 PM
Dontcha just love it when people dabble in a world of pain? Go to Apple - Support - Switch 101 (http://www.apple.com/support/switch101/) and try to relate the advice given to windows switchers it should help.
Seems like the OP is having hardware probs (optical drive not recognising CD) rather than anything else...