PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Mac user and Skype

Highgord
5th April 2008, 12:18 AM
Hi all,
I have just bought my first Mac Book and am a complete novice with Apple after using windows for many years. Having downloaded Skype and run the Skype test I find that while speech is fine, I cannot seem to be able to view video. The Mac Book did flash up on the screen a box saying that it had configure the built in camera to work with Skype, but as yet I have not been able to see myself or anyone else on the screen. Can anyone help me? I'm sorry if this appears too simple a problem but I'm still trying to shake Windows out of my brain.
:o

Lutze
5th April 2008, 12:22 AM
Hi Highgord,

To configure Skype to use the in-built iSight camera when you have skype in the foreground (active application and open, of course) look at the top left of the screen (the menu bar) you'll see an Apple logo and then Skype - click skype and go down to the menu Preferences from here > find the Video tab in the box that opens - this has a number of options. Select the ones that you want, I've got mine to automatically start video when on a call.

Hope this helps.

Highgord
5th April 2008, 12:35 AM
Many thanks Lutze. I followed your instructions and Hey Presto it works!! Love the ISight camera, what a picture, so much better than my Windows PC. I can hardly believe how great this Mac Book is.

Lutze
5th April 2008, 12:37 AM
No problem, glad to be of help... enjoy your Macbook!

As you get used to it you will enjoy it even more.