PDA

View Full Version : Reading DVDs burned in Vista

DebB
3rd April 2008, 04:07 PM
Hey, does anyone know why my newish MBP can't recognise DVDs my sister makes for me in Vista? They are just data discs.

Deb

gaehl
3rd April 2008, 04:12 PM
I am assuming your sister is using the builting Disc burning.

Vista has a new format fro DVDs as the default, that is even (as far as I know) incompatible with Windows XP.

When burning there is an option hidden behind a more information button that allows Vista to burn with the old way.

DebB
3rd April 2008, 04:21 PM
Thanks, we've only had this problem since she got vista - that must be it!

ollielowe
3rd April 2008, 04:22 PM
I had the exact same situation with my sister a while ago haha. If I can remember, it was something near the information stating 'burn discs that are only able to be burnt once, or over and over again.' Keep a look out for that. If I had my sister's laptop I could be more specific, sorry :o

Edit: perhaps search the help on Vista, that could lead you to somewhere. What I remember was when she inserted a disc it came up with the dialog box saying all this crap about what you want to burn, and how you want to burn it.

Disko
3rd April 2008, 04:24 PM
What on earth are Microsoft thinking? Honestly.

ollielowe
3rd April 2008, 04:26 PM
What on earth are Microsoft thinking? Honestly.

I know, it's just so...

How people who don't have a good tech knowledge are supposed to work any of this out, I don't know.

DebB
3rd April 2008, 07:32 PM
From this end, it is frustrating because I don't have vista and have never used it. It is embarassing to admit that there is something the Mac can't do, as I am always telling people that I do not need PCs for anything.:mad: