PDA

View Full Version : IceTV widget issues 2-4-2008

marc
2nd April 2008, 08:28 PM
If you're having issues with the widget not being able to access the server: we know about the issue and we're doing all we can to fix it. The IceTV server has been under some really heavy load over the last few days and the widget has been quite popular, which hasn't helped.

Please give us a days or so clear everything up.

vargz
2nd April 2008, 08:41 PM
Do you mean how it its slow/unresponsive and gets stuck on the "Please Wait" dialog? This is the issue I'm having.

I like the features of the new widget but its frustrating when all I wanna do is quickly see what's on tv.

Hope you can fix it soon :)

marc
2nd April 2008, 09:53 PM
The Yahoo widget uses a different method that we might adopt for the Dashboard widget... that's speed things up a lot as it works in the background. That's not the issue this thread was about though. We have a lot of server traffic at the moment, so we're trying to work out the best way to deal with it.

Ginamos
3rd April 2008, 08:29 AM
I hope you do change it, the "Please Wait" message has stopped me using the Dashboard widget. It's just too slow, when I only want to have a quick look at what's on.

Anyway, don't mean to whinge, you guys do a fantastic job. :thumbup:

discontinued
3rd April 2008, 09:45 AM
I've been having problems where I'll select a program and when I choose to record it/or series, it adds the red circle next to a completely different program. I just updated to the latest version and for some reason it's set to record 'Law & Order' and 'How I met your mother' when I don't watch either. It also won't let me remove the schedules so until it's fixed I might avoid using the widget and stick to scheduling through EyeTV itself.

qaz
3rd April 2008, 11:02 AM
I noticed the same problem as well. (Using the latest IceTV, running OSX 10.5.2). I set it to record an episode of 'Australian Story' and for some reason it appeared as set to record 'ABC News' and 'Big Love'.

marc
3rd April 2008, 10:42 PM
Please send those bug reports in via email to support at icetv.com.au (with at replaced by the @ symbol).

Please hang in there. We're making some big changes... when we're done it'll be quick and work well. Not resting until it's working perfectly.

countryslicker
14th April 2008, 02:19 PM
I've just downloaded the widget V2 (31 March) to try out the free one day view. When I try to use it, I get the error message "the file IceTV Remote.wdgt is not a valid widget and you cannot install it". Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Regards. Robert