PDA

View Full Version : Spaces - send a window to the next space

camel
30th March 2008, 12:06 PM
hey all

starting to finally use spaces, particualry to remote desktop into my vista box (jesus im loving that for, particularly for setuping up a torrent, moving a file etc)

but i remember from my ubuntu days, that i could move a window (like a remote desktop connection) directly to a space, with something like shift + ctrl + arrow key..

i know i can open spaces, and drag it all pretty like, but im wondering if there is a way to do this quickly within osx...

ive had a real good look about and cant seem to google the right thing, would appreciate help on this..

even if it solved my keyboard issue, where on my macbook, f8 is fine for spaces, cause its a free key, but on my mac keyboard when i clamshell, i need to activate another key, cause f8 is in use by another function.

would appreciate help guys

camel

dev_enter
30th March 2008, 12:08 PM
You can click to drag a window and press CTRL + number to move it to a space.

leon
30th March 2008, 12:09 PM
I don't use any keyboard shortcuts, but if I want to move something to another space, I just grab the window and drag it to the edge of my screen that corresponds to the next space. OS X will then move to the next space with the window that I have just dragged. You need to hold the windows you are moving for at least 1 second against the edge of the screen.

camel
30th March 2008, 12:10 PM
leon, bahamut, legends

i like leons one i think, less work

cheers guys!!

Hamsmyth
30th March 2008, 12:48 PM
Awesome, thanks guys really handy.