PDA

View Full Version : Webkit Nightly Builds

xfodder
27th March 2008, 12:06 PM
im just curious how many people are using and testing the nightly builds for webkit?

recently there has been a great effort to get safari to pass the acid3 test 100% and with the most recent nightly build webkit is now at 99/100 ... with opera announcing today that they have internal builds which pass 100/100 i wonder if the webkit team can release a build that passes before opera does next week.

Anyone interested in testing the nightly builds you can get em here (http://webkit.org/) ... webkit does not replace safari, so you can safely test without worrying about stuffing things up :) keep in mind that webkit is for testing and will probably contain bugs.

LarryH
27th March 2008, 12:26 PM
I'm using the WebKit builds, absolutely fantastic. It is as stable as Safari, but faster. Safari and WebKit's settings and favourites are automatically synced, so if you add something to WebKit's favourites and then open Safari, the favourite will be there.

It's basically a Safari beta, but more stable.

areal
27th March 2008, 12:29 PM
Yeah, WebKit is superfast.

xfodder
27th March 2008, 01:16 PM
i would have to agree, i thought that using webkit would be buggy ... but so far it is performing fantastically, the only problem i have had so far is 2 build ago webkit was freezing on startup ... all i did was wait for the next nightly and the issue was fixed.

i hope apple wastes no time in implementing the webkit changes into safari

marc
27th March 2008, 01:25 PM
Not using it here, but I have used it in the past... very good :)

I don't have any issues with Safari 3.1 though!

xfodder
27th March 2008, 01:52 PM
that was quick!

webkit just hit 100/100 on the acid3 test ... there was actually an error in the test which the webkit team found!

NetGX
27th March 2008, 08:12 PM
Those developers are insane, as above it seems they helped iron out bugs in the test. Amazing