PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 & Mac File sharing (Connect360

tompouk
26th March 2008, 02:10 PM
Hi!

I tried several things, I can get internet to my xbox. The only thing I want to do is: have access to all my itunes library.

I just got Connect360. Seems pretty easy... but it doesn't works as I thought it would.
Nullriver Software : Products : Connect360 (http://www.nullriver.com/products/connect360)

Okay so here's my configuration:
My macbook is receiving wireless internet (pointless info), I connected a ethernet cable from my macbook to the xbox360. I tried rebooting my laptop, the xbox, etc...

I can't get it to work..

Does someone ever try this app? (dah. prefpane)

If so then, how do you managed it to work?

Thanks a lot!

tcn33
26th March 2008, 02:32 PM
Is your iTunes library on the Macbook? If so, it's not a question of connecting to the internet, only to the Macbook. If it's somewhere else, how is that connected to the network?

areal
26th March 2008, 02:35 PM
Can you something like MacBook - Connect360 when you browse your computers on the Xbox dashboard? When the 360 is on can you see that is connected in System Preferences > Connect 360 on the MacBook?

tompouk
27th March 2008, 12:51 AM
tcn: macbook has wireless internet, xbox360 doesn't have internet.
they are connected together with a ethernet cable.

areal: I can't see my 360 from connect360, and on my xbox360 neither. I can't see my computer.

Thanks for your replies

jeremy_warnock
27th March 2008, 01:21 AM
have you entered the ip address range of your 360 in the settings access box?

http://img.skitch.com/20080326-namym199tttg469p6ibad6a755.jpg

gehenna
27th March 2008, 04:07 AM
i had problems with connect360 when i first started using it, everything except itunes library worked. it was because I had a non-standard location for my itunes library database, etc. connect360 needs it to be in its default location. if you email their support address they'll come back to you within a few hours with a way to fix it. if i had a copy of the instructions i'd post them but i can't find them at the moment. it had something to do with changing your libary path in itunes and fixing the folder structure in finder. works a treat when that is done.

scritch
27th March 2008, 07:48 AM
Hi!

I tried several things, I can get internet to my xbox. The only thing I want to do is: have access to all my itunes library.

I just got Connect360. Seems pretty easy... but it doesn't works as I thought it would.
Nullriver Software : Products : Connect360 (http://www.nullriver.com/products/connect360)

Okay so here's my configuration:
My macbook is receiving wireless internet (pointless info), I connected a ethernet cable from my macbook to the xbox360. I tried rebooting my laptop, the xbox, etc...

I can't get it to work..

Does someone ever try this app? (dah. prefpane)

If so then, how do you managed it to work?

Thanks a lot!

Have you got Internet Sharing setup for your wireless internet connection? If you don't, the 360 won't be receiving a valid IP address and won't see your Mac.

To do it, go into System Preferences,
1. Choose Sharing
2. Choose Internet Sharing
3. Select "From" and choose your wireless internet
4. Choose "To" and choose Ethernet

You Mac will now act as a NAT gateway providing an IP address to your 360. Disable then re-Enable Connect360 and it should show up.

Regards,
Shane.

jeremy_warnock
27th March 2008, 10:29 AM
i had problems with connect360 when i first started using it, everything except itunes library worked. it was because I had a non-standard location for my itunes library database, etc. connect360 needs it to be in its default location. if you email their support address they'll come back to you within a few hours with a way to fix it. if i had a copy of the instructions i'd post them but i can't find them at the moment. it had something to do with changing your libary path in itunes and fixing the folder structure in finder. works a treat when that is done.

I never had this issue, connect 360 didnt give a rats where my library was with my itunes library spread over 3 discs its never once complained out the locations. Its always work straight off

gehenna
27th March 2008, 10:31 AM
well that just confirms what ive suspected all along - the world is conspiring against me!!!