PDA

View Full Version : Best Apple Remote Software?

smrawlinson
24th March 2008, 09:13 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone out there who have set up a media centre with their mac could give me some advice on the best Apple Remote software. I am using a 24" iMac as our TV/media centre but the main issue I have is trying to link together Front Row and EyeTV together with just the remote.

I have tried using Apple Remote Buddy, which was not bad because you could customise it quite well but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. Also I had some strange problems my iMac recently and just did a clean install and I heard rumours that Apple Remote Buddy can cause some issues (probably not true) so I thought I might try something else. I also saw that there was a discussion about a third party plug-in for EyeTV into Front Row (http://forums.mactalk.com.au/13/43281-eyetv-front-row-2-a.html) which looks very promising but still looks like early days - had a bit of a go installing it, kind of got it working, but don't think it was quite right.

What are peoples experiences for controlling their mac media centre with their Apple Remote?

Cheers,
Steve

semaja2
24th March 2008, 09:26 AM
All i do is load eyetv on startup in full screen mode, and hold down menu to get to frontrow, then when you leave frontrow it takes you back to full screen eyetv