PDA

View Full Version : iphoto - missing since tiger upgrade, would these be solutions?

oak
23rd March 2008, 10:33 AM
My ibook g4 was originally running on panther, which i then upgraded to tiger. This is when I realized that I was missing iphoto.

I now realize that it is due to iphoto being a part of ilife...

Now to get iphoto running on my tiger, would any of the following be possible?

1. copy iphoto from my imac running on leopard?
2. run my original ilife cd which came with my original purchase, run pacifist to extract iphoto from the cd?

Thanks in advance:)

jeremy_warnock
23rd March 2008, 10:40 AM
number 1 would work but you would need to copy across some application support files.

The best option would be to drop in the original install media, the disc with additional material and just reinstall iphoto, you should need pacifist for this, just run the addition software (not sure what its called) and choose the apps you wish to install - if your ibook install media is on dvd it will be on dvd 2

Byrd
23rd March 2008, 10:41 AM
Either solution will work fine :)

Even if it's an older version of iPhoto, run Software Update which will patch as far as it can go.

JB

Beau
23rd March 2008, 10:57 AM
+1 for Pacifist. It'd probably work better and be easier than copying everything from your iMac.

oak
23rd March 2008, 11:25 AM
Can i simply copy the iphoto application from imac and paste it into my memory stick, and then copy + paste onto my g4?
not as simple as that?
also with pacifist, i have yet to use the program, is it simple to use?

avolve
23rd March 2008, 12:06 PM
you will need to plist file.

You can use AppZapper to see associated filesódrag and drop iPhoto to AppZapper, and it shows you the files (you may need to temporarily change its preferences). It requires you confirm before moving them to trash (which you would not do, obviously)

oak
23rd March 2008, 01:29 PM
sorry im getting confused
i dont understand what plist is?...

Beau
23rd March 2008, 08:15 PM
Actually, do you have the disc that has iLife on it (actual iLife, or a mac restore disk)?

You should be able to install it from there.

ClockWork
23rd March 2008, 08:20 PM
Seconds Pacifist (http://www.charlessoft.com/). If there's an easy way out, take it!

words to live by...

:)

oak
23rd March 2008, 10:39 PM
using the ilife disc i was able to get iphoto working!
thanks for all the help!

Beau
23rd March 2008, 11:54 PM
Enjoy OSX Tiger! :-)