PDA

View Full Version : Mail and Gmail IMAP duplicating messages

andrew.wilson
22nd March 2008, 06:49 PM
This happened to me a while ago and annoyed me enough that I stopped using IMAP. Have decided I want it back though so I tried again. I have mapped the folders which solves the issue of sent messages appearing in the Gmail folder as unread, but everytime I get a new message to my Gmail IMAP account, I read it in the Mail inbox or delete it etc. but no matter what, it remains unread in my Gmail IMAP folder.

http://img.skitch.com/20080322-r9r6w7narh68c7x1ah3nsnw7e8.jpg

Today I got two messages^ I read them then deleted them, but no matter how long I waited it still said two unread messages in the All Mail folder seen under Gmail! It is very frustrating having to go and mark as read/delete messages twice. Does this happen to anyone else? Is there a fix? Much Googling has given me nothing!

Whoever solves this for me gets a free Meet the MacTalkers interview :D

Thanks guys.

Huy
22nd March 2008, 06:52 PM
Yeah that happens to me too.

I just leave it alone and somehow it sorts itself out on the next refresh/sync.

Problem doesn't go away though.

Brentnal
22nd March 2008, 06:57 PM
Same thing happens with me.. I just put up with it.

Unless someone can offer a fix? :P

rob05
22nd March 2008, 07:39 PM
hopefully apple will get around to it at some stage as it seems to be a known issue along with a few others.

ClockWork
22nd March 2008, 07:51 PM
Article found on Mac OS X Hints (http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=2005050314315464).

Further research indicates this problem has been around since the very first
version of Apple Mail and no updates have ever cured it...

LeeDavis
24th March 2008, 12:11 PM
Yep, same here. Tried in vane to fix it, but now just live with it. Just opening the IMAP view will get rid of the unread count.

morgan
24th March 2008, 01:13 PM
I find that emails from my credit union sent to my Uni IMAP account will load fine on my own imac 10.4.whatever number we are up to, but on my dads emac 10.2.8 will load multiple times (Ive let it go to thousands before) until I force quit and delete it using webmail. Good old Apple