PDA

View Full Version : iStat menu network

Michelasso
20th March 2008, 02:40 AM
Hi,
I've downloaded the lastest release and I eventually removed Menu Meters. Pretty good job! Still there are two things you could test/modify:

1. The ethernet interface en0 does not always appear. I am using it as a shared interface to connect my PS3 to the internet, and usually it doesn't show (it doesn't right now). iStat pro widget is just fine.

*edit* I just did a test: disabling thenetwork in the menubar and enabling it again en0 showed up.

2. The IP traffic graphs are too narrow. Would it be possible to have them like the one of the disk stats (or Activity Monitor) also showing the transfer peak? They could be overlapped as well.

Thanx for the great job!

iSlayer
21st March 2008, 03:53 PM
1. The ethernet interface en0 does not always appear. I am using it as a shared interface to connect my PS3 to the internet, and usually it doesn't show (it doesn't right now). iStat pro widget is just fine.

*edit* I just did a test: disabling thenetwork in the menubar and enabling it again en0 showed up.

The next update has a major code overhaul for the network extra so any bugs should be fixed.

2. The IP traffic graphs are too narrow. Would it be possible to have them like the one of the disk stats (or Activity Monitor) also showing the transfer peak? They could be overlapped as well.

We are going to make some changes to the network graphs in version 1.4 (1.3 is coming first). We should be able to add a couple of those things