PDA

View Full Version : Boot Camp / Windows Boot Manager Issue

MacMac
17th March 2008, 01:01 AM
I have an issue with Windows Boot Manager after trying to get a windows OS installed either XP or Vista. XP didn't work out right so I tried Vista and it installed but now when I boot Windows Vista I am confronted with the Windows Boot Manager with the following options :-

Earlier Version Of Windows
Microsoft Windows Vista
Microsoft Windows XP Setup

How can I get rid of this so Vista can load the first time.

Yes I know I stuffed it a little this time but I couldn't remember how I got Vista working on my 24" iMac.

:o

Katey
17th March 2008, 01:40 AM
Sounds like a mess, i'd just format the partition and do it again?

MacMac
17th March 2008, 08:58 AM
:confused: That's just time consuming, Vista is installed and updated it's just a small problem of just removing these options and it should boot into Vista first time. I just need to know what I have to alter to fix this.

MacMac
17th March 2008, 09:33 AM
Ok I found a programe called "VistaBootPro" this has fixed one menu option "Earlier Version Of Windows" has been removed but I still get the other 2 options.

purana
17th March 2008, 10:00 AM
I think you have to modify the boot.ini on the Windows drive (in this instance, Vista).

Not sure if this is relevant to Vista, but it use to be the way in the old days. Maybe open the file up if it exists and see what it looks like. Be careful.

MacMac
17th March 2008, 10:09 AM
I think you have to modify the boot.ini on the Windows drive (in this instance, Vista).

Not sure if this is relevant to Vista, but it use to be the way in the old days. Maybe open the file up if it exists and see what it looks like. Be careful.

Vista is different it's been replaced with "Windows Boot Manager" and when I used "VistaBootPro" it couldn't see "Microsoft Windows XP Setup"

sendai
17th March 2008, 10:18 AM
Use EasyBCD (http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1) instead of VistaBootPro.

MacMac
17th March 2008, 10:47 AM
Use EasyBCD (http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1) instead of VistaBootPro.

Just tried it same result but I now get an error page first from "Windows Boot Manager"

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next".
3. Click "Repair your computer".

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \$LDR$

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded becuase the application is missing or corrupt.

ENTER=Continue ESC=Exit

Vista can not fix it but knows something is wrong during repair and sends off a support report.