PDA

View Full Version : iStat pro 4.6 released

marc
14th March 2008, 12:48 PM
iStat pro 4.6 is out. It addresses some important bugs and adds a purple skin. Yes, purple.

http://islayer.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/istatpro_4_6.jpg
What's new in version 4.6

Improved support for Santa Rosa based MacBook Pro's
Improved support for MacBook Airs
New Purple skin (aka iStat Grimace!)
Improved support for Mac OS X 10.5
Updated network code
Better support for LaunchCFM app names in processes section
Improved naming for some temperature and fan sensors
Added process count to uptime section
UI bug fixes
Other minor bug fixes

Gimme gimme! (http://www.islayer.com/index.php?op=item&id=7)

gehenna
14th March 2008, 12:50 PM
let me be the first to say NICE WORK! on the dl now :)

Galumay
14th March 2008, 01:15 PM
wicked work guys! lurve the purple skin.

Phase
14th March 2008, 01:17 PM
Beautiful, just got it then

Cheers guys

Seon
14th March 2008, 01:44 PM
Am loving the purple! Congrats!

spuds_imac
14th March 2008, 03:41 PM
Still only shows 1 cpu A on my mac book air?? But love the purple!! great work and thanks.

marc
14th March 2008, 04:39 PM
Still only shows 1 cpu A on my mac book air?? But love the purple!! great work and thanks.
The method we're using will only give results for each CPU, not each core. We'd need a kernel extension to get all the core temps (this would require an admin password and is a small security/crash risk too). Typically both cores of the same CPU are very, very similar temp due their proximity.

corowakid
14th March 2008, 04:51 PM
I'm always taken with the standard of your work, guys. Most professional, and shows you're sympatico with users. Well done!

hiredgoon
14th March 2008, 05:26 PM
hey nice one...

just a quickly... is everyone running istat menus AND istat pro? or is that just running the same thing twice?

Beau
14th March 2008, 10:14 PM
Nice work - upgraded from iStat Nano to the Pro version too :-)

something2sea
17th March 2008, 04:39 PM
hey nice one...

just a quickly... is everyone running istat menus AND istat pro? or is that just running the same thing twice?

I'm running iStat menus (some of them anyway) and iStat Pro for the rest of the things. but yes… they do overlap a little bit.

marc
17th March 2008, 04:43 PM
iStat menus for the date and time here, then iStat pro for CPU, mem, HDs and a few other things. iStat pro sections get open and closed depending on what's needed.

jacobus
19th March 2008, 04:04 PM
Thank you for this! I can't believe I only just found out about this app. Now I can watch all 8 cores of my mac pro :D