PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook G5 price hike?

eudaemons
21st March 2005, 08:23 PM
Anyone at a guess wether(sp?) current pricing will continue over to the powerbook G5s?

Ozi
21st March 2005, 08:29 PM
whether is the correct spelling. :P

Apple typically keep the prices the same, or even more affordable, than previous revisions. A good example of this is comparing the price of the current Powerbooks, compared to older powerbooks when they were released 5 or more years ago.

I believe that the prices will be the same as current G4 prices, but likewise I am not expecting a G5 Powerbook until at least early 2006. :rolleyes:

hawker
21st March 2005, 09:05 PM
Add (sic) to words you are unsure of, or know are incorrect, but anyway, this is a forum and not a spell checking factory.

And I think Ozi is right, however I think the new 17" G5 Powerbook will be one beefy computer, and for that reason will cost a bit more than the current. But anyway, that is a long way off!

gmask1
21st March 2005, 10:10 PM
I also suspect that there will be a huge demand for these, and that orders may take forever! Make sure that whatever you do, order the same day/hour that it's released!!!

pipsqeek
21st March 2005, 10:42 PM
I suspect that the wait for the G5 Powerbooks will be longer then the Mac mini.... Some patient customers are still waiting, 3 months later.

And I can safely assume that the G5 powerbook will have a much larger demand then the Mac mini will ever dream of.

pipsqeek

Exocet
21st March 2005, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by hawker@Mar 21 2005, 09:05 PM
Add (sic) to words you are unsure of, or know are incorrect, but anyway, this is a forum and not a spell checking factory.

And I think Ozi is right, however I think the new 17" G5 Powerbook will be one beefy computer, and for that reason will cost a bit more than the current. But anyway, that is a long way off!
While we're being nazis about english, '(sic)' is used by editors to indicate that something they have quoted was misspelled by the source, rathern than a typographical error by the journalist. What eudaemons used, '(sp?)', is the commonly accepted addition for indicating that you know the spelling is incorrect, and you are indicating as such.

Source: Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sic)

Phillip
21st March 2005, 11:19 PM
New Generation of Hard sometimes means prices will go up a bit - but then drop dramatically in Rev. B. You do expect to pay premium for a new product.

Squozen
22nd March 2005, 08:25 AM
While we're being spelling Nazis...

Edit->Spelling->Check spelling as you type

chrism238
22nd March 2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Exocet@Mar 21 2005, 09:14 PM
What eudaemons used, '(sp?)', is the commonly accepted addition for indicating that you know the spelling is incorrect, and you are indicating as such.

Even worse; it indicates that you suspected that the spelling was incorrect, but were just too damn lazy to verify it. :unsure:

kim jong il
22nd March 2005, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by eudaemons@Mar 21 2005, 09:23 PM
Anyone at a guess wether(sp?) current pricing will continue over to the powerbook G5s?
I am glad you were uncertain. A 'wether' is a neutered sheep :)

A friendly message from pedants 'r' us

cheers

icant
22nd March 2005, 09:14 AM
In most cases, you can replace "whether" with "if".

Easier to spell.

hawker
22nd March 2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Exocet@Mar 21 2005, 11:14 PM
While we're being nazis about english
shut up and get back on topic then!

Exocet
22nd March 2005, 03:06 PM
OH SNAP!