PDA

View Full Version : Burning TV Shows & Movies from iTunes

Kzach
9th March 2008, 10:28 PM
Is this possible? I know I can back-up all my music, tv shows and movies from iTunes but the DVD's used don't play in a DVD player.

I tried using Toast and it just rejected the file and told me only iTunes can burn iTunes stuff. But iTunes won't burn any of my TV Shows or Movies.

I've searched threads here and couldn't find anything on this and haven't been able to find anything on Version Tracker either. Having said that, I'm not a very savvy searcher so if there's something I've missed, I'd appreciate a pointer.

Thanks for any help you can give :)

MrJesseRoss
9th March 2008, 10:33 PM
iTunes Store-bought TV shows and movies can't be burnt to disc due to the DRM in them. If that's what you're trying to do, you're out of luck.

macuzer
9th March 2008, 10:42 PM
The only thing you can do is hook your Mac up to your TV, play the video and hit 'record' on your DVD recorder! Works for me.

Kzach
10th March 2008, 12:45 AM
How do you hook an iMac up to the TV?

macuzer
10th March 2008, 06:41 PM
How do you hook an iMac up to the TV?

You'll need to buy a mini DVI to video adapter from apple which plugs into the port on the back of the iMac and outputs composite or svideo to your recorder. You'll also need an audio cable from your headphone port to the audio in on your recorder. The DVI adapter costs about $35.