PDA

View Full Version : Pages Defaults

Harry Pearce
9th March 2008, 01:31 PM
Hello,

Is there any way to set defaults in Pages 3?

I want to set the default language to Australian English and the default font to Times New Roman. I've poked around Pages but can't find anything.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

mvjs
9th March 2008, 01:33 PM
If you open the Inspector, open the Text tab and select More, next to Language you will find a drop down. Select Australian English.

Can't help you with the others though.

Harry Pearce
9th March 2008, 01:44 PM
If you open the Inspector, open the Text tab and select More, next to Language you will find a drop down. Select Australian English.

Can't help you with the others though.

Yeah, I've found that. But what I was looking for is to make that the default, so every time I open a new document I don't have to always change the language.

mvjs
9th March 2008, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I've found that. But what I was looking for is to make that the default, so every time I open a new document I don't have to always change the language.

I stays default for me.

avolve
9th March 2008, 02:13 PM
you will need to change the body style in the template for the blank document (font)

zbaron
9th March 2008, 02:32 PM
Have you got your system default language set to Australian English?

Granny Smith
9th March 2008, 03:32 PM
Hello,

Is there any way to set defaults in Pages 3?

I want to set the default language to Australian English and the default font to Times New Roman. I've poked around Pages but can't find anything.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

You can create your own template: Open a new document, choose the font you want, the language you want and any other style parameters you want. Then "Save as template ..." and give it a name you can remember.
When you create a new document, select your newly-created template (it should appear under the "My Templates" or "My Blank Documents" section - I forget the exact wording) - Pages will open a new document with all the style parameters you set in the first step above.

ozboi
10th March 2008, 11:26 AM
Set your default language in SystemPrefs>International by dragging Australian Engish to the top of the list.